Which is the better hi-hat?????????

piperdoog

Silver Member
Hello, could anybody tell me which they prefer, the Tama hh905 hi=hat or the Pearl h2000 hi- hat?
I know it comes down to feel and personal preference , but give me your opinion.
Thank you.

Last edited:
easy the pearl far more responsive i just cant get along with tama hi hat stands just dosent feel right

I cant tell you which is better because both are different. What I can tell you though is I was in search of a good hi-hat stand to fit my taste which was having the smoothest action possible. I first used the Search fonction of many drummer forum, I've gathered opinion here & there about both stand, many posters had experience with both or owning both. They had pros & cons but the consensus was the TAMA HH905 Lever Glide has the smoothest action of all. Since my local drum store never stock high end gears, I decided to be confident in my peers and ordered the TAMA. It was a really good decision out of me, I love that hi-hat stand, smooth as liquid action, convenient and full of great ajustment options too.

I cant tell you which is better because both are different. What I can tell you though is I was in search of a good hi-hat stand to fit my taste which was having the smoothest action possible. I first used the Search fonction of many drummer forum, I've gathered opinion here & there about both stand, many posters had experience with both or owning both. They had pros & cons but the consensus was the TAMA HH905 Lever Glide has the smoothest action of all. Since my local drum store never stock high end gears, I decided to be confident in my peers and ordered the TAMA. It was a really good decision out of me, I love that hi-hat stand, smooth as liquid action, convenient and full of great ajustment options too.

Thanks I was in limbo on both, I own Pearl eliminator bass pedals and love them, so naturally I would go towards the Pearl, but I've heard about the Tama being so smooth and easy to play. They are basically the same price. Can't decide!!!!!!!!

go find a way to play em with your hats see what you prefere

Tama all the way man! I've owned the lever glide going on 5 years now and it works just as good the day I bought it. I just switched from 14" hats to 15" and all I had to do was adjust the tension and i was good to go. I don't know about the Pearl cause I got turned off by Pearl hardware a long time ago when I started looking at Tama's stuff. Just my .02.

I've been playing the Iron Cobra Lever Glide (HH905) stand for about two years and love it. It's very smooth, has great adjustability and it's built like a tank. I too was going back and forth between the Tama and Pearl stands and decided on the Tama for the simple reason that I found it folded up more easily than did the Pearl H-2000 stand. I feel I made the right decision, but you might find the Pearl stand more to your liking, check them out if you can. I've always liked Tama products, in fact I bought a Tama HH75W Hi Hat stand for one of my other kits. It too is very sturdy, but has three legs instead of two.

Here's my Tama Lever Glide.

DSC_0386.jpg

Dennis

I've been playing the Iron Cobra Lever Glide (HH905) stand for about two years and love it. It's very smooth, has great adjustability and it's built like a tank. I too was going back and forth between the Tama and Pearl stands and decided on the Tama for the simple reason that I found it folded up more easily than did the Pearl H-2000 stand. I feel I made the right decision, but you might find the Pearl stand more to your liking, check them out if you can. I've always liked Tama products, in fact I bought a Tama HH75W Hi Hat stand for one of my other kits. It too is very sturdy, but has three legs instead of two.

Here's my Tama Lever Glide.

DSC_0386.jpg

Dennis
Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.
Beautiful set up by the way, love it.

So Tama then huh?
Seems to be the better of the two, I have heard they are smoother than the Pearl.

Actually I have never tried the pearl! It can't be more solid or more smooth or more portable then the Tama. Maybe it's AS good but I really don't know. Likely it would match your kick pedals though.

Actually I have never tried the pearl! It can't be more solid or more smooth or more portable then the Tama. Maybe it's AS good but I really don't know. Likely it would match your kick pedals though.

Looking at both the Tama is alot more portable, which is a plus as well, smoothness is the key, I talked to my music store and they have both so I'm trying them today!!!

I too was going back and forth between the Tama and Pearl stands and decided on the Tama for the simple reason that I found it folded up more easily than did the Pearl H-2000 stand.
Dennis
Baloney. You picked the Tama because it was going with a Tama drumkit. No other reason. Just another excuse to show off one of your many unused kits.

I use a Tama Lever glide, It works very well but not as smooth as my old Premier Lokfast
Well thanks for all the insight, I'll let you know that I tried both, both were good, I was more geared to get the Pearl because I own eliminator pedals and like them so they go together nicely. However trying them both, I have to say my Pearl eliminators will have a Tama hat beside them instead of the Pearl. It didn't come down to price which the pearl is a bit more, but comfort and playability. For my taste the Tama was more smooth, easier to pack up and just as solid as the pearl, the pearl is nice as well, however I found it not as easy to "finesse", if that makes sense. With the pearl I felt like I wasn't upgrading my old high hat, just getting a more solid one that felt the same. With the Tama it felt like a whole new hat, an upgrade that was felt right away.
So, I'm going with the Tama.

Thanks again all.

Back