Sound percussion double pedal

Ordered a sound percussion double pedal with a drop clutch but I haven't gotten it yet. I always hear bad things about this brand so I thought I'd ask you guys for opinions.. anybody had / played this pedal?

I always hear bad things about this brand so I thought I'd ask you guys for opinions.. anybody had / played this pedal?

WHY WOULD YOU ASK THIS AFTER THE PURCHASE!?

You already own it now, so why would our opinions matter.

I had one,it fell apart after the first few hours. U joint just fell apart, I took it back and got a Pearl P902, All around better and no problems. I hope you ordered it from somewhere with a good return policy.

Lol I hear bad things about it from other drummers, that's different from reviews on the interwebz

Ok. I'm officially lost. But that's doesn't matter. You own them now anyway. You can settle the confusuion and give us a more accurate review when you've had your feet on the things for a while.

Yeah, I've never had a great experience with SP. I've never been impressed by any of their drums or hardware, but the newer pedals they're making look to be built better than their old ones.

I still wouldn't trust gigging with SP equipment, but if it's something just to practice at home with, it might be alright.

SP stands work well for me. Their sticks are bad.

Guessing from their stand quality, I would guess they are not the most durable. I would guess the pedal would be on the level of my old PDP one, it did the job okay and it felt light, but it doesnt come close to my DW5002.

I've have an SP throne....it is one of the tractor seat style thrones....and that thing has really held up under daily use. Pretty much every day use for 4 years. Very adjustable and comfy.

I have a cymbal stand from SP....I use it for rehearsal situations....it gets the job done. Very inexpensive and gets the job done.

garbage at best....shouldve come here first.

F

It might be a good pedal.

Never trust online reviews too much though, some of them are fake.

Keep the receipt. If you are buying an SP pedal, odds are you might need it, especially if your playing is particularly aggressive or you pack up and move a lot.

Typically with hardware the trick is whether it can withstand repeated stress and packing, not whether it performs the stated gear purpose mechanically (i.e. holds up a cymbal, hits the bass drum). More expensive hardware should, theoretically, hold up better over time.

Hopefully it will stand up to a few months of playing at least, so that you can determine what you like and don't like about it, so that in the future when you have a bit more money to move around, you can take your time and make a measured decision.

Also, don't discount the fact that many music stores, pawn shops and Craigslist will have pro-level pedals for only a little more that your SP pedal if you are patient. Sometimes you can score a very good pedal that has a few years of life left in it. My first double pedal was an old used Pearl single-chain that lasted about ten years longer and was light as a baby's breath to play. I sold it on Craigslist and I've seen it being gigged around town.

I've had SP and another inexpensive dble pedal for practicing. The guitarist I record with bought it for his set, and I ended up recorded with it. The only problem is one of the tiny pressure-fit parts in a U-joint keeps coming out. Well, I push it back in before it comes out. I have to keep an eye on it.

There are inexpensive pedals being made today that are better than pro pedals of yesteryear.

Haven't been on here for a long time. It's not that bad.. I have to avoid playing faster songs because of it though, so that kinda sucks

Back