Remo Controlled Sound

What's the difference between the CS and CS X skins...aside from the colour of the dot? Is the CS X dot on the underside whilst the CS is on top? There's nothing to say they're different thicknesses.

Controlled Sound:
http://www.remo.com/portal/products/3/8/50/159/co_controlled_sound.html

Controlled Sound X:
http://www.remo.com/portal/products/3/8/50/805/co_controlled_soundx.html

There's a description on the side of the pic of the CSX.

The Coated Controlled Sound in the first link is a White Dot under side (the usual one in shops is Black) There is also Clear underside dot.

There is also a Coated Controlled Sound Ambassador and Emperor, which get a Clear Dot ON TOP, and then the head is coated. These have a slightly smaller dot. The CS Emp (BE-0114-22) has been my main snare head for several years now.

A Controlled Sound X is a Regular underside Black dot, but the film is 12 mil., instead of the standard 10 mil.

What's the difference in having the dot on top?

Aside from having stick marks on the dot, I think it's for looks, really. Some people like the look of a dot, some people prefer the central gravity of a dot but like the look of traditional heads.

Under and Top are visual preferences, I think.

Guys I have question, I just recently bought a set of ludwig accent , I am a beginner but the heads on this set are horrible , even though I am a beginner I know they sound like crap. They have a boing sound to them on the toms and floor tom , I was thinking of replacing the heads with Remo emperors coated , do you guys know what I should put on the bottom , I like that warm sound I play mostly rock , just want to make these sound really good any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Aside from having stick marks on the dot, I think it's for looks, really. Some people like the look of a dot, some people prefer the central gravity of a dot but like the look of traditional heads.

Under and Top are visual preferences, I think.

Totally different sound with a top dot.

The dot on the underside (Black, White or Clear) is also larger than a top dot model.

Clear top Dot heads also sound a lot different than a Black Dot. White Dot sounds a little different than a Black one, but not by much. You can hear a difference with the Clear though. The different material is what changes the tone & attack.

The underside CS has become really common in the last 10 years, but I MUCH prefer the sound of the Coated Top Dot.

getrdone247--a clear one ply (Remo Ambassador, Evans G1, Aquarian Classic Clear) will work great with a Coated 2 ply head on your drums.

Back