Make my birthday list! =D

805Drummer

Gold Member
MY BIRTHDAY IS MAY 27TH AND I'M SO EXCITED.

Since joshisace's dad won't be needing anything, I thought I'd have Drummerworld give me suggestions on what to ask for.

Price should be in the $100-ish range.

(specs) 24" PDP 805 bass drum
-Evans EMAD with white Evans double kick patch
14" PDP 805 snare drum
-Aquarian Hi-Energy head / Remo Diplomat hazy
13" PDP 805 rack tom tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
16" PDP 805 floor tom
-Remo Ebony Pinstripe / Aquarian Performance II
18" PDP 805 floor tom
-stock heads
------------
14" Zildjian New Beat hi hats
16" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
18" Zildjian A Medium Thin crash
20" Zildjian A Medium ride
10" Zildjian ZXT Flash Splash
------------
PDP HH800 hi-hat stand
PDP CB800 boom stand
PDP CS800 straight stand
PDP SS800 snare stand
Dixon Lightweight boom stand
Pearl CH70 cymbal holder
Pacific 700 straight cymbal stand
------------
DW 5002AD3 Accelerator double kick pedal
Roc-n-soc Lunar throne
Ahead Joey Jordison drumsticks / Vic Firth Rock Maple 5A's
Flip Video camcorder / JVC Everio GZ-MG555
Vic Firth SIH1 headphones
------------

Any suggestion go, from novelty to practical.
READY SET GO!

Times are tough. Do your parents a favor and don't ask for expensive things. Just accept whatever the gift may be and be greatful. That will go farther than anything on your list. Have a Happy Bday.

Times are tough. Do your parents a favor and don't ask for expensive things. Just accept whatever the gift may be and be greatful. That will go farther than anything on your list. Have a Happy Bday.

Thing is, they have no clue what I want xD

"What are those big shiny metal things on top of the red and black circles?"

Ok, well here is a suggestion. How about a gift card for your local Guitar Center OR a better store if there is one in your area ??

Ok, well here is a suggestion. How about a gift card for your local Guitar Center OR a better store if there is one in your area ??

I mean, that'd be nice, but gift cards take away some of the excitement (read: ALL of the excitement) of opening presents for your birthday.

Plus, Guitar Center is overpriced, and price-matching is a pain.

If they don't know what you have you will have to give them suggestions anyway, so a gift card would work nice.

And my birthday was Saturday, and I'm still waiting to see what you guys have mailed to me.

Hahaha my dad won't need anything XD

Hm,

DW 5000 Straight/Boom Stand ;]
5700.jpg

Brick of sticks.
vf-sticks-BOX.gif

18" Stagg DH china (I don't think the 14" would have enough bite for a main china)
dhch.jpg

24" Evans Emad Res head & Reso for your 18" Floor tom

506452jpg.jpg

images
(For Res head for 18" floor)

All I've thought of so far.

Last edited:
If they don't know what you have you will have to give them suggestions anyway, so a gift card would work nice.

And my birthday was Saturday, and I'm still waiting to see what you guys have mailed to me.

Oops. Don't have your address so you get nothing. I was going to buy you a 50th anniversary Gretsch snare (only the best for you), but.......

Hahaha my dad won't need anything XD

Hm,

DW 9000 Straight/Boom Stand
9700.jpg

Brick of sticks.
vf-sticks-BOX.gif

18" Stagg DH china (I don't think the 14" would have enough bite for a main china)
dhch.jpg

24" Evans Emad Res head & Reso for your 18" Floor tom

506452jpg.jpg

images
(For Res head for 18" floor)

All I've thought of so far.

You totally nailed what I need (from my wishlist:), but I kinda wanted to ask for something more...creative. I'm not sure.

But like, with the whole cymbal stand, I'm definitely going for the 5000, not the 9000--the price is too much of a difference for a level of professional that I don't even need.

You totally nailed what I need (from my wishlist:), but I kinda wanted to ask for something more...creative. I'm not sure.

But like, with the whole cymbal stand, I'm definitely going for the 5000, not the 9000--the price is too much of a difference for a level of professional that I don't even need.

Creative? Like what kind of creative?

Oh, you can ask for the trick beaters too.

How bout something different and musical like:
-cowbell
-tambourine
-wooden block
-timpani
-bell, etc

I already have those!

I have a Meinl Cowbell, LP Jam block, and RhythmTech Tambourine.

Although the bell is a good idea...I've always wanted a bell, whether it be a Saluda, the Sabian Alum, Zil-Bel, Stagg, etc.

what about...

....instructional videos or a lesson or two from a master teacher?

Personally, I'd rather have something like that instead of another drum related object.

I already have those!

I have a Meinl Cowbell, LP Jam block, and RhythmTech Tambourine.

Although the bell is a good idea...I've always wanted a bell, whether it be a Saluda, the Sabian Alum, Zil-Bel, Stagg, etc.

A Stagg is only $40. Alu is 60. Meinl Classics is $60. Zil-bel is $100. Paiste is like $110 I think.

I'd get a stagg if I were you. Maybe a bell and a cymbal stand or something.

Heck yeah, GRUNTERSDAD - My birthday was Sunday (17th) - threw a big party here at my spot on Saturday night with some awesome bands (one is the new project from a dude in QOTSA), one of my favorite DJs and a ton of drinking...my gawd.

For my birthday, I got my tax return back and immediately bought a '63 Premier 4pc kit w/hardware and two sweet old-school carrying cases w/wheels. Originally a blue sparkle, but left by a window for 20 years and now a faded gold-ish sparkle (still blue on the bottom of the bass drum) - actually looks really cool and great under stage lights.
Oh - and they sound *sweeeet*!

Back