New heads!

805Drummer

Gold Member
Today I went to Guitar Center, my favorite place in the world, and got a 13" Aquarian Performance 2 for my rack tom, to match the 16" floor tom.

I also got a 22" Aquarian Regulator with a 4.5" port hole. It's pretty awesome. Plus, after being inspired by the kits at GC, I rearranged my kit a little to make it a bit cleaner.

PIC_1717.jpg

PIC_1718.jpg

PIC_1721.jpg

PIC_1736.jpg

Very cool, looks like a blast to play to me
rawk.gif

I was shocked at how great those PST3s sound. amazing cymbals for the price.

Whoa. Your kit looks really good now.
I've got a 16" PST3 crash myself and it's not bad at all for the price

The PST 3's are great, but they sound somewhat "toy-ish" compared to better cymbals. I can't complain though, for the price.

I know what you mean. They'll definately do for a while until we can get better ones.

I just hope they sound alright in the studio. I'm recording on Friday with a PST3 crash, a Planet Z ride, and Xs20 hats and crash...guess I'll find out lol.

The set sure looks better with every thread, but woa, do you start a new thread every time you get something new? I feel this is the kit I've seen most pictures here on dw.

Your best setup I've seen yet. I've had great success tuning my Aquarians (Super 2 coated). I hope you can the great sound your drums are capable of.

great looking set!

hey how did you do the fish eye shot?

It's this super-huge, 10-year-old fisheye lens that my parents bought in San Fransisco before I was born. My dad said that they went into a camera store, and the salesman tried to convince them that it was a "magic lens." They bought it, and kept it. Then my dad gave it to me when I started getting into photog and filmmaking.

Pic0460.jpg

he's showing improvements..lol

and they all have been good lately!

lol

they look better man!

glad you got them the way you like them!

how they sound?

Alex

I'm gonna make a video soon, but they sound uuuhhhhmazing! Those heads are so easy to tune, and they sound perfect! (for my style)

In fact, my drumset almost reaches all of the recommendations for "Classic Rock" on Aquarian's website:

CLASSIC ROCK
SNARE DRUMS
Batter Head = Hi-Energy
A patented head designed for exceptional durability, toughness and a powerful sound.

Resonant Head = Classic Clear Snare Side
Our most resonant and popular snare side drumhead.

TOM TOMS
Batter Head = Performance II
Designed for "loose" tuning and a deep, punchy sound with very little "after-ring". Lot's of depth!

Resonant Head = Classic Clear
Our most popular bottom tom tom head.

BASS DRUMS
Batter Head = Super Kick II
A Patented two ply head with a focused, forceful sound and floating muffling ring. Very durable when used with AQUARIAN'S Kick Pads.

Resonant Head = Regulator with small hole
Our most popular patented audience side head. No muffling needed with this popular combination of heads.

I have everything except the classic clears, which I really don't need right now...the PDP heads are fine.

It's this super-huge, 10-year-old fisheye lens that my parents bought in San Fransisco before I was born.

I'm confused. Are you ten-years-old or younger? Or was the lens ten-years-old when they bought it ten years ago thus making it a twenty-year-old "magic lens?" Either way, it's a cool photograph.

I'm confused. Are you ten-years-old or younger? Or was the lens ten-years-old when they bought it ten years ago thus making it a twenty-year-old "magic lens?" Either way, it's a cool photograph.

Oh, I was just rounding. It's actually 14 years old, because they got it the year I was born.

hey cheers for the comments, that's a real nice kit, i like the coloured hardware. And that is some sweet pictures, especially the last one. I see you got the Superkick II and regulator combo, how do you like that? I might get that.

hey cheers for the comments, that's a real nice kit, i like the coloured hardware. And that is some sweet pictures, especially the last one. I see you got the Superkick II and regulator combo, how do you like that? I might get that.

Thanks man! The Superkick II and Regulator...I think is an acquired taste. I still have to learn to tune it well...right now there's too much boom and not enough punch. Any suggestions? But yeah, it sounds great, and looks even better. And even though no one admits it, we all know drumming is about looks =D

Nice kit man, I love the picture with the fisheye lens , it looks groovy. You'll be able to get some good band photos with it.

Nice kit man, I love the picture with the fisheye lens , it looks groovy. You'll be able to get some good band photos with it.

actually that reminds me of a wallpaper i had of the chili peppers where they used that lens, it might give anyone ideas for band photos lol

0612rhcpwall_78_1024.jpg

actually that reminds me of a wallpaper i had of the chili peppers where they used that lens, it might give anyone ideas for band photos lol

0612rhcpwall_78_1024.jpg

That's pretty cool...actually, fisheye lenses are extremely common and a lot of bands do them. I think I'm gonna get another one, because this one is WAAY extreme. Wide angle lenses are better for drum pics, unless you want it to be extreme.

Thanks man! The Superkick II and Regulator...I think is an acquired taste. I still have to learn to tune it well...right now there's too much boom and not enough punch. Any suggestions?

I'm running the SKII and Regulator combo on my 22 x 18 kick and it gives lots of punch. I have mine tuned up pretty high, at least a lot higher than the EMAD2 I had before. You may also want to look into an Aquarian Kickpad, or some other pad, to increase the attack on your kick sound. Good luck.

the new skins all matched up look sharp and seems like you're happy with the sound, that kit looks better everytime i see it!

Back