View Single Post
Old 09-07-2017, 03:43 PM
"Uncle Larry"

Default Re: Time observations

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenstar323 View Post

First, unless your guitarist also has perfect time I don't really get how playing at 20 bpm to get better time will help you play with someone with imperfect time over a loop.
No one does. I don't understand it myself. TBH I don't care. I'm not gonna analyze it. I'm not looking that gifted horse in the mouth. It works like magic for me, and I could not be more pleased with the results. That's all that matters to me. Isn't it curious that since doing this, I'm nailing the looper with alarming accuracy? For the last 9 or 10 gigs I'm nailing it all night long. That never happened before.

Is it possible....that there's a connection with me practicing glacially slow....and me nailing the looper all night for the first time in about 4 years? Nah can't be :)

I got myself to a point where I don't have to hear the loop. Because my time is so much steadier now. It's better if I don't even see him use it. It's better if I close my eyes. I attribute 100% of my ability to not go off the loop to my 20 BPM practice. It strengthens my "time muscle" like nothing else.

I have to say, the guy makes loops that are in time...no hiccups...like 99% of the time. He's really very good at making loops on the fly. All my prior crying was really my own inability to keep rock steady from one section to another.

I got this problem sussed, finally.

Thank you all for your support.