just started drumming. introduction and kit

demaarten

Hi Guys.

I found this forum through a tip from a friend of mine.

I just started drumming after playing several other instruments (piano, bass and guitar).

I got my hands on a really niceYamaha kit. I bought it with all the Sabian AA cymbals and hardware included . Even the seat came with it.

here are some pictures

Attachments

• DRUM 1.JPG
    DRUM 1.JPG
    85.4 KB · Views: 418
  • DRUM 2.JPG
    DRUM 2.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 423
  • DRUM 3.JPG
    DRUM 3.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 420
Nice kit.

You may want to think about tightening your set up a little. There's a lot of air between your snare and rack tom. Maybe move the snare closer to the kick or bring the rack tom back towards your snare. You seem to have enough adjustment.

Thanx guys,

It's a recording custom cherry red from the early 90's. It sounds wonderfull now that I put on new drum heads (emperor's on the tom's, and ambassador on the snare)
The kick still needs adjustment. A new drum head should do the trick (I was thinking a Powerstroke 3 or 4).

I will look into the placing of the tom's, thanx for the advice

...Powerstroke 3 batter AND rezo and your kick should sound
very good... The hole in the rezo front head is killing at least
the half of the bass drum sound / resonance... Try no hole in
front, I think you will love it...

Great kit by the way ; )

Philippe

Wonderful kit, the Recording Custom is. Very flexible. And the finish you have is very popular, so adding other pieces to your kit will be easy. Welcome to Drummerworld.

Hi Guys.

I found this forum through a tip from a friend of mine.

I just started drumming after playing several other instruments (piano, bass and guitar).

I got my hands on a really niceYamaha kit. I bought it with all the Sabian AA cymbals and hardware included . Even the seat came with it.

here are some pictures

Where are you from? From the Netherlands? Because I see a dutch book :)

Recording Custom as your first kit? Good God man! It's one of the older ones, but those are some really fantastic drums!

Welcome to drumming and the forum. There are some amazing people here. You will have some fun and learn for sure.

Hi Everyone,

I am from Belgium, the flamish part. And it's a good starters book. Taking lessons at the music academy.

Maybe the kit is a bit overkill for a '"starter" kit, but I bought everything for 1000 euro. For that money I could only buy a mid range kit and some low end cymbals. I got a great price on the Yamaha, so the decision was easy

Welcome to drumming and to the forum! Like already said not only is this a great starter kit but a great kit in general! Nice stuff. You seem to know a lot about drum equipment for a starter.

Those are some fine red yammies my friend and hey - the better the 'starter' kit the more you'll want to practice ; )
good drumming and welcome to drums - oldest, finest damn musicsl instrument ever made!

Recording customs are down right venerable kits. Some people will never play on anything else. The AAs are a nice vintage sounding series of cymbals. You've executed the equivalent of starting guitar with a Les Paul and a Marshall half stack. Good work.

Welcome to the wonderful world of drumming my friend! That is great looking kit you have there too. Have fun!!

Back