My Morning Jacket
Midnight Oil
Neil Young
Live
Electric Mary
Mammal
The Casanovas

opeth and three....both bands amazing live....and rush

Hmm, Three eh? Kinda odd how much mention they're getting in the thread. They were good though. Did you catch them at the Pheonix last year with PT?

I saw the Tragically Hip on Friday - they we're incredible! Gord Downey is an awesome frontman and really makes their live shows stand out.

CAUSE IT WAS IN BOBCAYGEON!!!

Judas Priest
Iron Maiden

wow, I can't believe I forgot those. Those bands are the reason I'm going to so many concerts (those were my first 2 shows) and loving every moment of it.

Ozomatli. Anyone hear of them? They parade through the aisles with a bunch of horns and drums, so tight. There a rcok/latin/rap band out of LA.

they opened for OAR at the festival pier in philly. they were pretty tight, they did a couple marley tunes justice and they were able to get a very hot sweaty drunk crowd into a good mood. i wasn't a huge fan of the music itself but they definately put on a good show.

OAR is definately better live.

other bands that were better live then i probably expected them to be:
Brand New
Jack Johnson
Flogging Molly
Ben Harper
Less Then Jake
Ted Leo & the Pharmacists
Catch22/Streetlight Manifesto

After tonight I'm going to add Buckcherry to the list.

My god, Less Than Jake live is incredible. Funnest(?) show I've been to.

I really enjoy THE WHO live than on record, they are or were full of energy, explosive and dangerous, so rebellious on stage.

Dethklok
The Faceless
Sanctity
Enemy Reign
Cynic
Meshuggah (not necessarily "better", but they do put on a flawless performance)

I have seen so many bands live but the best were,

Judas Priest
The Scorpions
Kiss
Megadeth
Testament
Saxon
Beyond the buried and me
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Meshuggah
The Darkness (yes i know) lol

Are all phenominal live, especially Priest man they put on an awesome show. Meshuggah surprised me most at how good their sound was live. Kiss were spectacular though all over the top and everything, brilliant. I'm hoping to see Rammstein on their next world tour so i can add those to the list. The Darkness were a good band i don't care what anyone says and it was my very first concert that i went to.

Judas Priest
The Scorpions
Kiss
Megadeth
Testament
Saxon
Beyond the buried and me
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Meshuggah

Are all phenominal live, especially Priest man they put on an awesome show. Meshuggah surprised me most at how good their sound was live. Kiss were spectacular though all over the top and everything, brilliant. I'm hoping to see Rammstein on their next world tour so i can add those to the list. The Darkness were a good band i don't care what anyone says and it was my very first concert that i went to.
Great list I do agree with the scorps,DT,megadeth,Kiss & JP i've seen them all live and they are great to see live I would also add Badlands,ELP & Deep Purple,Frank Marino & Mahogany Rush,Stevie Ray Vaughn and the original Black Sabbath(Ozzy,Geezer,Tony & Bill) with Pantera Opening..........Great show.

Bonzolead

Judas Priest
The Scorpions
Kiss
Megadeth
Testament
Saxon
Beyond the buried and me
Dream Theater
Symphony X
Meshuggah

Let me tell you, this man speaks the truth.
Although I never got into Kiss much.

yes
incubus
spock's beard
audioslave
ben folds five

the devil wears prada puts on a hell of a show..they are breathless by the time the show is over..but nevertheless amazing

One band who stand out a mile for me is SLAYER

I think on record it never grabs the intensity.....and yet you can. Pantera on record were awesome. But Slayer's production is toilet...........they should have killed off Rick Rubin years ago.

If I had a dollar for everytime Kerry King says this new album is more raw and will take your face off etc.............yawn

Get it home, not even moving my cat!!!

Live they are awesome, seen them like 30 times since '86..........

I don't even listen to their albums these days..........

I love the old Metallica live performances (1984 - 1999) and Rush, they never stop to amaze me..

Back