Drum sounds

TJones

I have the Alesis DM-10 Studio kit. What I need to figure out is how to find (new more realistic) drum sounds, and somehow import them into my module. First, where can I find good sounding sounds? Secondly, how can I import them to the module? Ive been playing drums for a little over 15 years, but all acoustic. Electronic drums are a new world to me all together. I am impressed with the some what realistic feel of these, but need to get different sounds. The pre-set snare sound options are especially bad though. Any suggestions?

I play alot of metal, so the sounds need to be more aggressive for the most part. Is there a good VST out there that would fix my issue? If so, could someone steer me in the right direction please/

Superior drummer, addictive drums, bfd2....these have different snares and paks. I have the studio also and all of these will work. The DM10 has some issues with triggering, but if all you want is snares it won't matter.
Have you tried layering? You can get some pretty cool snare sounds that way. The dm10 is not a bad module for the price.

Alesis was supposed to have 3rd party sounds over a year ago....still waiting. The redbox is the same module and they have soundsets well over 6mths

Last edited:
Superior drummer 2. or steven slate drums. you'll need an interface of some sort ($$$) to reduce your latency.

Superior drummer 2. or steven slate drums. you'll need an interface of some sort ($$$) to reduce your latency.

I didn't use one and it worked fine. Usb plugs directly into module...you just have to setup the ASIO driver correctly.

The DM10 is pretty weak IMO...sold it and will never regret it. It's a kids toy compared to other "flagship" kits.

These drums are have different snares and sparks. I have the studio also and all of these will work. The drum has some issues with triggering, but if all you want is snares it won't matter. The music without drum is not good and that will be not listen by the listeners. This would be the great point that it is not possible to listen music without drum.

Back