Yamaha Rock Tour

ah har, i like my kit, the 12" tom losses its tuning like every few days which is anoying, but the floor tom and bass drum are really sweet, and the snare is pretty nice sound when i changed the head and tuned it. It's compact and packs a punch, nice for mobility.

Hentex... I have a 12" tom for my Stage Custom. I have the same de-tuning thing.

I tune batter around 55 on the tama drum dial and reso around 70. I've found reso stays fine but the batter will drop.

I've been applying these lug locks to the batter rods.... fix the issue.
http://remo.com/upload/2007/02/12/43783153.jpg

Drummaker sells them here....
http://www.drummaker.com/share?5131

-Forflex

Oops, I never posted any pics after I got the 10" tom. Or even after I got the kit home, for that matter!

I could have taken better/more pictures if my basement ceiling was taller and there wasn't a couch right in front of my kit. Also, sorry for the mess. Next gig I take 'em out, I'll have to remember to take some more pics!

02-08-11%281%29.jpg

02-08-11%282%29.jpg

New heads, too! It was a big toss up between Ambassadors and Emperors, and whether to go coated or not. Also would like to switch out the Diplomats on the resonant side at some point for Ambassadors.

Still playing around with heads, but I do like the feel/sound of the Emperors better than the Pinstripes that these new Rock Tours come with. The Pinstripes had to be tuned pretty low to get the sound I wanted, and then the head was too loose for my liking. These are a step up, in my opinion.

Nice set up. Great looking drums.

I never could figure out why Yamaha put pinstripes on those drums other than the fact they were using the Rock Tour name and trying to invoke a comparision to the old series.

I am not a fan on pinstripes and figured the drums would really open up a lot with other heads.

Would anyone happen to know if the bearing edges on the rock tours are 60 deg like the tour customs?

Thanks

Posted this photo from our last gig in another thread. Lots of little changes to my kit since I last posted here. Picked up a 14x7 LOUD snare (!!!), added a BUNCH of new A Customs, and lately I've been running with two toms directly over the bass drum. I'll try to get more pictures up soon!

Love that snare.

RTOUR.jpg

Would anyone happen to know if the bearing edges on the rock tours are 60 deg like the tour customs?

Thanks

I don't know offhand, but I'll look into it for you. Even if I need to take the heads off and measure mine, I'll find out!

Last edited:
Thanks guys! My basement is a mess right now from my brother currently sleeping down there, but I'll be sure to take some more glamor shots the next time I take 'em out on the town.

Actually, when I came back to this thread to post that last picture I was inspired to set my kit up like I had in the previous shots and I think I like it better that way.

Guess I'll post this here, too! Still need more parts so I can add my splash and one more crash. And I think the rack will finally get me to add another splash in the future.

newrack.png

I'm toying with the idea of getting another leg for my left side and eliminating the bar across the front and doing a stealth rack sorta set up. Problem is I'm not sure if I'll have room for that at all my gigs. I'll have to take this out for a few and see how it goes!

That is one nice kit! Peace and goodwill.

Here is my rock tour black matte. I just put some remo vintage A batters on it and it's so much better . The pinstripes suck. Evans EC resos. Sounds great. Added a 14 recently but all I could find was a green sunburst, so I spray painted it. And sprayed clear matte finish on the hardware . No one notices they aren't exactly right they're pretty close, but I'd rather have the green sunburst is its gorgeous. Too bad they stopped making them and had those horrible pinstripes. I tired other two ply heads but the vintages feel like single plys. Great response and more projection

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153018699895978&l=a8763bad30

Back