Splash Stand Question

ethan13

I've never really used but one splash in my whole life and the way i had it setup was just flat out stupid and that was on an older cheap set.

I have a Taye ProX set now and a Pearl tom stand with the cymbal holder in between the tom mounts. If i wanted to put 2 splashes in that spot, how would i got about doing it?

Meaning, do they make mounts that would hold two splashes like that? or would i have to get a single cymbal stand to put in there and then get some sort of boom attachment for the other splash?

and would i have to get a specific size mount so that it fits in that slot ?

should be able to run one splash off the middle mount then find a clamp and boom and attach it to another stand for your other splash. I wouldn't buy a cymbal stand for a splash, find a way to clamp it off another stand.

I would definitely get a heavy duty, double braced, counter weighted boom stand for each splash. Or get a clamp-on boom arm.

If your crash and splash cymbals are far enough apart in size (mine are 18 and 9 inches, respectively), you can stack the splash upside-down on top of the crash on the same stand, using a felt in between the two. Small hi-hat felts work very well for this purpose. This saves you the hassle of getting another stand, and cuts down on setup time.

I would definitely get a heavy duty, double braced, counter weighted boom stand for each splash. Or get a clamp-on boom arm.

LOL.

Ethan, get one of these and clamp it to the cymbal arm you already have. Done.

IMG_1060a.jpg

Pearl makes one but the Tama is more adjustable.

Cymbal stacker might be an option as well but like I said earlier and DTDad showed the clamp with a boom is a quick solution

I honestly think that the first of these two sounds like the best option. Not sure why I didn't think of it first.

Just ordered three gigantic stands, I'll be taking the splashes off of my rack when they get here!!!

I guess clamp on boom arms might work though...

Back