Left foot pedal problem

MuDvAyNe

Hi. I own a Pearl Eliminator and i have a major problem with it as it affects my playing. I noticed on practising and gigs that my left foot pedal is moving forth while playing double bass. After a while i have to stretch to reach it and then stop and bring it back. I'd appriciate any help.

Thanks

I have the same pedals and notice some creep after a few rehearsals. The carpet is not very thick. The spurs are all the way down also. I think I'm going to put some rubber mat down and try that this week. I get rolls of this stuff for free just haven't tried it yet.

It would seem to me the logical thing to do is get a thicker carpet so the spurs stick and don't move at all. ??? It's not a huge problem for me rt now but notice the same creeping problem.

try putting some duct tape(in a loop, so that there is a sticky side facing out) on the bottom or ur pedal(in a few places), this may give it slightly better traction :), if that fails, just get those spurs out all the way and get a thicker bit of carpet and put it under your pedal(as was mentioned before). cheers.

i use to have the same problem but the fix is very easy...none of this duct tape thing. your going to have to replace it so often. What i did tied my right pedal which is my slave pedal your left with a string to my chair and make sure there is no slack in between the two on the rope. and for an added measure i put the bottom of a stand against it or part of my racks leg against it just to make sure it does not move.

If you play on carpet, i'd suggest a strip or two of some heavy duty velcro. On the extreme end of desperation, i also have lugged around a brick or a 20 lb dumbell to anchor it, but try the velcro first.

If you play on carpet, i'd suggest a strip or two of some heavy duty velcro. On the extreme end of desperation, i also have lugged around a brick or a 20 lb dumbell to anchor it, but try the velcro first.

what do you mean by heavy duty velcro?

i use to have the same problem but the fix is very easy...none of this duct tape thing. your going to have to replace it so often. What i did tied my right pedal which is my slave pedal your left with a string to my chair and make sure there is no slack in between the two on the rope. and for an added measure i put the bottom of a stand against it or part of my racks leg against it just to make sure it does not move.

A picture would help if you can upload one.

I have used this shelf liner product for everything around the house. Give it a try.
It's quilted, non-slip, comes in rolls or even place mats size and it's cheap.

Attachments

• Picture 6.png
    Picture 6.png
    80 KB · Views: 130
i was wondering is it a matter of technique, is it my pedal?
i dont think that happens to everyone

Nah. It's just the pedal. Try playing on a hard wood or tiled floor. You will see how much your drums start to wander away.

My son had the same issue. You need one of these:

373162jpg.jpg

Available at Guitar Center or direct from your Pearl dealer.

It works very well.

Note that Guitar Center has it as Pearl PX-85, but the actual Pearl part number is PS-85.

Another thing to use is velcro on the bottom of the slave pedal platform. Get the coarsest kind you can find and align the "hook" sections so they'll dig into the carpet if the slave pedal moves forward. Use all the strips you can fit in between the two rubber sections.

Last edited:
Back