Recording Interface & Software

Green_Shoes

Dear all,

Used to post often but drifted away but I am back and starting with a question.

I have a four piece kit mic'ed with bass, snare and two overheads (SM57, Rode M3 & AKG D112) which I regularly use in recording (using friend's equipment) and playing live. I also record and play live with percussion (mainly cajon) again using another SM57 & AKG D112.

However, my friend equipment is very expensive new so no go there.

Sadly I am limited in money as I am getting married in 8 months and work for a charity. I already have all the cables and mics so all I need is audio interface and software. My budget is between £100-£150 (not much I know) but only need 4 xlr channels in recording.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks.

Maybe it's a bit over your budget, but it'll send you the four channels separately to your PC for extended control; and will work for/if you happen to need more inputs. I'm not aware of a cheaper interface that'll send all the channels.
I bought it recently and couldn't be happier with the results I obtained using the bundled Cubase LE 5.

Fox.

Looked at this, it has got great reviews but the cheapest I can find is £190 (£40 too much) so needs some serious thought.

This is basically what I need, just with a few less channels. That must exist, right?

Anybody use the Tascam US-800?

Comments, reviews and general feedback appreciated!

Hadn't heard of it. Looks like a smaller Tascam US-1641, I'd go for it. It's a shame, though, a month ago (when I bought it), the 1641 was even less than what the US-800 is now :-/. Anyway, I am pretty sure you can't go wrong with it; although the Tascam site doesn't give as many specifications for it as for their other products, I assume it comes with pretty much the same as it's bigger brothers, but with less inputs.

Fox.

Back