need info on AXIS longboards

I am looking into purchasing some AXIS longboard pedals and need some info......I have read that they are very light and fast...I am looking to play very fast double bass so that seems like an advantage...I live no where close to a dealer to play them, so I am relying on yalls advice. I play Hardcore grindcore/ speed metal...(Lamb of God, The Black Dahlia Murder, ect). I own a DW 9000 double pedal and love it, but I cannot pull of long heel-toe bass rolls due to the short footboards and slack due to the chain......I just need some tips on AXIS's quality and reliabity. And what is the SONIC HAMMER beater all about?

All I can say is if you hit the search feature here you'll find enough reading on Axis pedals to last you a year ;-)

As for footboard length, the myth that you need longboards has been dispelled. You can accomplish the same things on regular boards like the 9000 as you can on long boards, just a matter of foot placement. There is a video on you tube ( I want to say by tim waterson) wearing a pair of muck boots playing heel toe on a regular length axis pedal.

Have you tried tightening the springs on your pedal more?

yes...I have tightened the the spring A LOT.....but I think my main problem is the size of my foot....I played for several hours last night and still cant do it....Its the foorboard length

yes...I have tightened the the spring A LOT.....but I think my main problem is the size of my foot....I played for several hours last night and still cant do it....Its the foorboard length

You'll notice he does it at the end of the video with his foot off the back of the pedal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzXH4lXHmwM

I think it has more to do with technique then it does footboard length.

Here it is with a Big foot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoPv1oM6vZM&feature=response_watch

Waterson has about a size 9 foot, the mud boot still fits on a long board as you can see in the vid. As you can also see when the mud-boot gets off the back of the foot board its not happening, he's saved (and only a little) by the stiffness of the boot, but he's still not able to pull it off to a respectable degree.

If you have a size 12 foot, you're only hope for heel toe is to play bare foot on a long board, anything bigger and you simply need a longer board. A real heel toe stroke requires the heel to strike the foot board, not the ground or the air... that's a different technique.

DW9000 are perfect pedals. to play fast you don't need Axis.
Just don't use heel-toe. Use other technique
like this one
i play on Cobras this technique - works fine.

Size 13's...yeah...not heel-toeing anything but a long board. Personally, I have no reason to even venture into heel-toe technique...but if I did, a regular length board wouldn't cut it.

Back