Pearl eliminator help

I have a pearl eliminator double pedal and yesterday I tried to turn it into 2 single pedals after seeing a thread on the pearl forum showing how it is done. The problem is the two phillips screws you have to remove to get the drive shaft off are ridicuously tight and i can get them to budge and i've already messed up the head of the screws trying to get the darn things out. (I hate phillips screws!!!!!!) Has anyone had this problem and what should I do?

Odds are Pearl sealed them nice and tight with an electric screwdriver. Get your self a drill bitt or an electric screwdriver (Or head into your local tools shop) and use that, itll get it off nice and easily. Even if the screw head has been slightly damaged (AS they are magnetic)

I have a pearl eliminator double pedal and yesterday I tried to turn it into 2 single pedals after seeing a thread on the pearl forum showing how it is done. The problem is the two phillips screws you have to remove to get the drive shaft off are ridicuously tight and i can get them to budge and i've already messed up the head of the screws trying to get the darn things out. (I hate phillips screws!!!!!!) Has anyone had this problem and what should I do?

Where is that thread? I'd like to read it

Back