Softcases and tama hardware

HokosPokos

I want to buy a softcase for my snare and have got it down to two choices, Millenium and Tama. I will eventually buy a hardcase set for all drums later on but now I just need a softcase for my snare.

Either this cheaper millenium

Or this Tama wich is about 15 bucks extra

I don't have so much money to spend but I want to have my snare protected for as little cash as possible. Fiften bucks extra for the tama case is not a very big deal but if the Millenium would do the job as good I see no reason to buying the Tama :)

And the second question is on cymbalsarms. I don't have alot of room where I practice for tons of stands so I was thinking on getting some cymbal booms/arms instead. How many cymbals can one well built stand carry? I have 3 Tama Roadpro (1 straight, 2 boom) stands now.
My goal is to eventually have,
* 1hihat
* 3 crashes
* 1-2 chinas
* 1-2 splashes
* 1 tamborine
* 1 ride.

I have now,
* 1hihat
* 2 crashes
* 1 ride

What kind of brand and model should I buy for clamps and arms? "The more expensive, the better"? I need them to be tough and able to live on the road.

I have some experience with drums and cymbals but close to none with hardware and cases.

What are your opinions and experiences?

Fishgopop007: Well, your setup is pretty similar to my "future" one (I mean... it will probably take a while before I can have 2 splashes and 2 chinas) expect that I will have 3 crashes instead of 2 rides.

Looks like a sweet deal with that gibraltar clamps but it says it's supposed to mount smaller cymbals... my fear is that I'll cheap out on the clamp/arms and in the end hurt my expensive cymbals haha.
But I believe I could survive with just the three stands I have now if I could mount a crash on my tommount and then get one of these to mount my china on the ride.

Back