Largest Paiste Cymbals

Those are pretty massive in terms of western cymbals (as opposed to gongs). Cool looking festival anyway, bit of a shame i was never around to see the fall of the wall. I have been up the teletower though, we ate at the restaraunt :) I heartily reccomend it to anyone visting berlin.

Interesting story and awesome photos !

I wonder if "Paiste Tim" or even Eric Paiste himself could share their knowledge of those particular cymbals used in the celebration.

I was there in 93. Stayed at a hotel on Kurfuerstendamm street. The Eastern section of the wall was still mostly up, but the western section was mostly in segments. I still have concrete pieces of the wall that I collected.

Nice slide show. Tim, can you explain these?

Paiste makes and sells i believe the world's largest syphonic gong @ 80" (just over 2 meters). These "cymbals" look to be about that size.

Very interesting article and photo's. Those are indeed some big Paiste's. Pretty amazing how they manipulated those two marionettes....very cool art!

Uncle Sam sent me to Berlin for a free vacation in 1969 for 2 years. My son was born there. I loved that city. Got to visit East Berlin a few times but was so glad when the wall came down.

Back