Evans EC Reverse dot peeling?!?!

sticksnstonesrus

Silver Member
On a great recommendation, I shifted to a EC Reverse dot from Evans. Just the right tone for me, durable as heck, and blah blah blah. Well, I noticed yesterday, the dot (which is on the inside, hence "reverse"...is peeling off (or delaminating). Is this a defect? So far the sound is virtually the same, with or without the dot, and it doesn't seem to mean diddly in making a dent in the snare head...not that I'm trying to, but denting/pitting would normally happen on a Genre HD.

Thoughts...experiences?

EvansPM said:
sticksnstonesrus said:
I got the EC Reverse dot. I love the sound it gives. Seems durable enough...but one problem I'm noticing after maybe five 2 hour practices...the silverish reverse dot (on the inside) is delaminating from the head (peeling off).

Is this a defect?

Yes, it's probably a defect. It doesn't happen often...the operator probably forgot to pass the film sheet (w/ dot adhered) through the pressure roller.

If you send an e-mail to [email protected] and explain the problem...we'll send you a new head.

Sorry for the inconvenience...but we'll get it taken care of for you.

Mike

I just wanted to put it out there that I sent a PM to Mike (the Evans rep on here) and got a response very quickly. This deserves praise. Thanks Mike. You represent well.

Besides the Super Tough, my other favorite snare batter is the EC Reverse Dot. No problems whatsoever with them, and they take a lot of punishment from the butt end of my stick.

Bermuda

Even better, I got a response from Mark Roldan @ Evans and they have a replacement on the way.

Not too shabby folks.

Bermuda, agreed. Figures my first would be a defect. Some outside energy telling me to go back to Genre HD Dry...I love the EC Reverse Dot though...surprisingly much.

I have only used that drumhead on my snares for years. Honestly, never had a bad one.

I use the Power Center on the bronze, and G 1 coated on all the rest.
Awesome skins.

i just switched to the same head a short while ago, no problems and great sound, nice to hear Evans stands by their products though, glad it ended happily sticksnstonesrus!

Back