Ever eat something potentially hazardous to your health?

Only if you swallowed it. I think that's required for "eat".

And if you did, you are one hardy mother.

I eat "hazardous" stuff all the time,because I like it.Hot dogs,beer(I'll never trust anyone who dosen't eat a good old American hot dog and a beer ,once in a while).,rare steak,a good burger,roast beef,prime rib,pork roast,whiskey,spare ribs,cole slaw,and a good old baked potato with butter.I also enjoy the occasional White Castle hamburger and A Big Mac ,once in a while.I even have bacon and eggs once a week,with pancakes and French toast or a Belgian Waffle.

Steve B

Excedrine, Tylenol, hydrocodone, oxycontin, robitussin, I hate medicine. I always feel worse after I take it, even if it gets rid of my symptoms. I know this can't be good for me, and I have to be in dire need to take any of it.

Do bugs count? I was the "dare you to eat this" guy.

I have also eaten dog food and treats.

Kim-chi, sushi, raw mushrooms, my moms cooking, my cooking.

.I even have bacon and eggs once a week,with pancakes and French toast or a Belgian Waffle.

Steve B

Which begs the question, do the French really eat French Toast and the Belgians Beligian Waffles?

I can just picture the millions of Belgian waffle makers over there.

Which begs the question, do the French really eat French Toast and the Belgians Beligian Waffles?

I can just picture the millions of Belgian waffle makers over there.

Larry,I'm not sure abput the French,but America was introduced to the Belgian Waffle at the 64-65 New York Worlds Fair.They were being served at the Belgian Village pavilion.You could smell them hundreds of feet away,from the village.They were served with strawberries and whipped cream.

Steve B

I'm in Scotland at the moment so I had haggis for breakfast, and I naturally thought of James.

I was in a hurry frying my burger meat yesterday and when I ate it, it was still a bit cold. I think it would classify as what you would call "rare", but I was thinking the whole time, "Boy, I hope all the salmonella is dead".

Couldn't I be the scotch or the tablet instead?

There was a time when you might have been, but now your association with haggis is indissoluble, if that's the word I'm looking for. Don't be disappointed: I love haggis.

All this haggis talk is making me hungry. I come from a very Mexican family, first born in the US on my father's side, but Brother and I wanted to try a Burns supper this year. We made up a deeelish haggis, had to substitute a few pork parts for the sheep as were are a few things that couldn't be found and cooked it up ourselves. Had it with a side of neeps and taties and a liberal dose of whiskey (Scottish whiskey of course.) After the meal we all recited poetry and drank more whiskey. It was a wonderful time and I will certainly host it again at my house next year.

All this haggis talk is making me hungry. I come from a very Mexican family, first born in the US on my father's side, but Brother and I wanted to try a Burns supper this year. We made up a deeelish haggis, had to substitute a few pork parts for the sheep as were are a few things that couldn't be found and cooked it up ourselves. Had it with a side of neeps and taties and a liberal dose of whiskey (Scottish whiskey of course.) After the meal we all recited poetry and drank more whiskey. It was a wonderful time and I will certainly host it again at my house next year.

A word to the wise:

If it's Scotch it's whisky.

Lesser spirits get the 'e'.

Sounds like a fun night...is Robbie Burns improved with the addition of some Mexican.

Wait...WTF...you have the option of Mexican food and you ate haggis???????

all the time

i have a severe allergy to nuts, and i never read labels when i eat things....... oops

Another Scottish breakfast, another helping of haggis, more thoughts of James.

One blushes.

Then one pads out one's post to comply with the 20 char rule. Farewell pithiness and economy of exposition.

One blushes.

Then one pads out one's post to comply with the 20 char rule. Farewell pithiness and economy of exposition.

One might consider changing the font colour to something invisible - I favour Lemon chiffon, meself - and typing an appropriate number of dots.

Back