Ranks of Members

Emmaticus00

How do you move up? When I joined a group I became a Member, but how do earn different ratings: like Gold members? Is there a key or list?

It just goes by your post count. VIP members get a personalized title. You get those at the discretion of Bernhard and the DW Admins I guess.

On other forums I've been a part of, it's a combination of post count, usefulness, and how well you rap with other members. Seems like a good system to me, and seems to be how this place is run.

"You only move up if you've owned an Acrolite, or wear a cape."
See.... as per Caddywampus comment - that is a good example of a less useful post.
A constructive post tells one where to get an Acrolite, what to pay, how to tune it, or dates one.
The cape is a running joke.

The real benefits kick in when you're invited onto the pay to post program, or PPP as it's known.

Once you have proof of the existance of 20 feet of shoreline,a sky hook,a red left hand smoke shifter,a can of dehydrated water and a bucket of steam....you simply submit the proof,in triplicate to Bernard,and you'll be assured promotion to gold status.

Capes are optional,but a bow tie and jacket is required.

Steve B

Once you have proof of the existance of 20 feet of shoreline,a sky hook,a red left hand smoke shifter,a can of dehydrated water and a bucket of steam....you simply submit the proof,in triplicate to Bernard,and you'll be assured promotion to gold status.

Steve, how do you know?
We tried our best to keep it confidential... ;-)

Steve, how do you know?
We tried our best to keep it confidential... ;-)

Tim Tyler and the White Lady told me,during the "Cremation of Sam McGee",while teaching me the secret "Order of the Arrow" hand shake.:):)

Steve B

[T]he "Cremation of Sam McGee"
Steve B

Thanks Steve!! I'd almost forgotten about Robert Service. My Mom turned me on to his poetry when I was 10 or 12 years old (which would be over 42 years ago!)

For those uninitiated, check out:

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/174348

Steve B

From what I've been told, you can substitute 200 feet of flightline for the shoreline, and a gallon of prop-wash for the dehydrated water. Mrs. Smoke's got the red L-H shifter under lock-and-key, so it's doubtful I'll ever make "Gold."

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's a comedian!!

I think you have to answer the time old question...

Is Neil Peart better than Saturn?

...with extra credit for answering...

If Meg White falls in a forest, what drum heads should I buy?

You'll just have to get over the fact that I'm ranked #1

Sorry to state the obvious...but...

Rank isn't important...your comments are as valid as anyone else's.

Earnest respect is what I think we should be shooting for.

...sorry for the "everyone gets a gold star" moment...but I think it was worth saying.

I'm a girl drummer so I get extra points just for that...it makes me extra special. Don't even have to play well. Now if I would just man-up and get me one of them Saturns, my rank would go through the roof. I'd probably be like Empress of all things drumming or something like that.....

Back