Let's see your POV/ Driver's seat pics

It's finally here!

Here is my POV with my new Crush Acrylic 6 pc. With my set of 9 Saluda Earthworks cymbals.

how do you like the Saludas?

I have heard lots of good things about them but never heard them in person

Roland DT4KX2 with added CY8 cymbal. First E set and I love em!

Bought it used (about a year old and not used too much owner said) for $800. He paid $1650 a year ago.

20120823_161632.jpg

Here's an update of my post (#490, from 05/30/12) as I bought a Sonor Delite shell kit recently.

Might add some toms in the longer term but first have to get used to playing real drums and covering real distances (most of my practice is on pads).

* Sonor Delite tiger finish, 22x17.5 BD // 10x8 TT // 12x9 TT // 14x14 FT
* no name/cheapo snare (actually a modified marching tom)
* Speedy Remote Hat (by Legacy Percussion Gear, designed by Bill Bachman) w/ cheapo hihat cymbal and Billdidit Coady Clutch drop clutch on top
* Tama Iron Cobra hihat stand (my initial hihat stand) w/ a set of DIY bells just for fun and more foot practice variation (initially I had that stand at the right handside as a 2nd hihat but couldn't fit it into this setup as it clashed with the ride position and toms)
* dw2002 double pedal (modified: lower pedal angle, plain butt ends (I've flexed off those small stubs - feels more comfy and is way easier for swivel)
* Ride = Meinl Byzance Dry Ride 20''.
* Crash = Doppler Drums 16'' Rock Crash (had a crack -> I DIY'ed it into an "O-zone" style cymbal)
* (for more fun/practice variation) a few DIY bells as mini stacks

(The Roland TD-9 e-kit I had for temporary use has been picked up.)

The kit as depicted was put up for taking those pics so while setting up I needed to experiment with positioning. I'm sure things will keep changing for a few weeks. Also, that floor tom is sitting on some cardboard boxes - we forgot to pack the legs at the store, a friend of mine will pick them up soon. Honestly the look/impression of that kit is impressing me - everything looks so big and real, haha. Quite different than practicing on pads or on a mini kit (hihat, snare/pad on top, pedals).

Attachments

• Arky's kit_01.jpg
    Arky's kit_01.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 2,909
  • Arky's kit_02.jpg
    Arky's kit_02.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 3,050
Last edited:
Just one of my Pearl Session Studio in blue burst with diecast hoops.. :)

Attachments

• DSC03876.jpg
    DSC03876.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 3,187
Akuro: Yes it's a terrific snare. What I like best about it is that it sounds great, and takes less space than a 14" snare.

Back