DW 3000 Hardware?

sqadan

Saw an ad in a trade mag for DW 3000 hardware... looks like lower cost / medium weight stuff...

Any body have any details yet? There is nothing on the DW site.

The HH stand looks allot like the 5000 series from the '90s I've got one that I bought probably 1994 and it looks very similar!

Meh nothing spectacular, it looks just like PDP 900 series hardware, you'd probably be better off with 5000+ , just hang on to your dollars a bit longer

I personally think DW should keep all their pedal lines, but start merging their hardware lines. There's little difference between 5000 and 8000...

My main concern is not dollars - but weight... I'd like to get some nice well made, but light hardware for gigging as the Premier hardware I'm using now weighs a ton.

I was hoping this stuff might be a bit lighter than the 5000 series stuff.

Never heard about a 3000 line...hmmm...I keep an eye out.

For lighter weight, I'd check out the 7000 series single braced leg stuff.
The stand itself is basically the same as a 9000, but one tube size down.
It comes in straight and the straight/boom style.
VERY sturdy, but definitely lighter weight. I have a few of these, they're top notch stands.

http://dwdrums.com/hardware/7000/

The 7500 hat stand is very smooth, and lighter weight.
I think it feels nicer than the 5000 stand, but that's just my personal opinion.

If you need a 2 legged swiveling hat stand, the 5500TL is ligher and works great. I have 2 of these.

Also, the 6000 flat base stands are very sturdy too, and don't wobble when set lower, and only wobble a little if it's higher and you're smacking the cymbals hard.
I play in rock bands, and also in bigger venues where you get louder (and more rockin') and the 6000 stuff has been just fine.

Yeah - I think the 7000 stuff might be the sweet spot for me... I have no issue with single braced stands... I used tama single braced hardware for years and it never let me down.

The 7000 line is sweet and the quality is the same as the 9000, with all the same features.

The piece that attaches the legs to the tube is really nice too. I was impressed.

The 3500T hat stand in your first link is the hat stand I have (3500 is the 3 leg version).
It USED to be a 5500TL (L for light). I have 2 of them (gig & rehearsal kits), & they are lighter by a bunch. Glad to see they still have it and just changed the number.
Good adjustment on the spring tension (IMO), and it's sturdy, even under heavy playing.
AND the top cymbal doesn't drop an inch when you put it on the stand- which happens on a 5000 with it's lighter "floating" spring.

Just purchased my first double pedal. A DW 3000. Very solid and smooth action on the entire assembly.

The salesman who personally plays DW drums and hardware told me the 3000 replaced the 7000 line. Seems to be a great first double pedal and the price point was just right at Guitar Center $200.00

Back