Strange coincidence things that happen

T

The Old Hyde

This stuff happens all the time to me. Just now, I needed to check with one of my guys to see if we had 24 x10cc syringes. I got up from my desk and the time clock read 10:24...
anyone else have stuff like that happen?

I often think I see a person I know in the street, when I get closer it's someone else and then a few mins later I do bump into that person.

Funny these things but the best explanation is your brain is messing with you. It's blurring the chronological order of events so it seems like it happened the other way around. It does so while you are busy concentrating on other things.
Either that or things and people travel in time :)

I used to be in a cover band named "303"....and i have been floored by the number of times I have stumbled upon a clock or seen the time at precisely 3:03 am or pm...it's stupefying.

Times when I would never look for a clock or, say, I go to plug my blackberry in to charge it and the clock pops up in charge mode and it is 3:03.

I honestly can't remember anything like this ever happening to me. If it has, I didn't notice.

another one, there is another thread right now is talking about Don Henley....hotel California just came on the radio at work while I was reading it.

I wish I was making this up, an employee just showed me the local paper about a pot grower getting busted...no lie...its 4:20

All the time this happens...

I wish I was making this up, an employee just showed me the local paper about a pot grower getting busted...no lie...its 4:20

No, this sort of thing never happens to me, which makes me the weirdo. (But you knew that.)

I'm reminded of a conversation I had once with two other people, one of whom was a psychologist. The psychologist was talking about people sometimes thinking they hear their name being called. The friend I was with said Yes, that happened to her occasionally. I said No, that never happened to me, apart from maybe once or twice in my life, and added (as only a friend can), "You freak!" - whereupon the psychologist replied that 90%+ of people occasionally think they hear people calling their name, and turning to me, asked "So who's the freak now?"

another one, there is another thread right now is talking about Don Henley....hotel California just came on the radio at work while I was reading it.

Ooh...that reminds me of a weird radio story.

Back in the summer of '89 when I was 16, I drove my dad's truck all over town with my step-sister who is only a couple years younger than me, so we had a lot of the same friends and interests.

Every time she came along with me somewhere, we heard the Billy Joel song "We Didn't Start The Fire". Now I realize it was a popular song that summer and it was everywhere but it was uncanny how EVERY SINGLE TIME we went to the movies, mall, or even a 5 minute trip to the gas station for smokes, that song came on.

One time were even a few blocks from home and remarked that it was weird that we haven't heard our Billy Joel song. Right after that, it started playing!!

Everytime I pass through a metal detector at an airport, they make me take off my shoes, my belt, my watch, my wallet.

Like I have metal parts in my body, but I never served in Nam or any other war. Heh, not in this lifetime, but that's a long story.

My theory is that if I travel through an American airport, they'll force me into one of those full body scan machines, start screaming that the terrorist has a bomb sown into his body and riddle my body full of lead.

Cool theory, neh? And it's like deja vu, except it hasn't happened yet.

When I'm in an Indian airport and I make it to the gate, there's always a stamp missing :)
That's when I do wish I could travel in time! :D

Yeah, the "clock" thing happens to me a lot. But, I'm a "numbers person" and I sometimes think that I glance at the clock more often than I realize and dismiss anything that's not a coincidence.

Of course, that's probably just coincidence.

Have read about synchronicity....as thorized by Carl Jung.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synchronicity

Man that's a lot of text just to say "you think the events are related but they are not".

"Following discussions with Einstein and Pauli, Jung saw parallels between synchronicity and the theory of relativity as well as quantum mechanics.... " LOL I find that pretty pedantic.

Back