Cube Drums custom set finally arrived...

I'm sure you've heard this 42 times already but what a grand kit!
Sounds great - looks stunning! Can't wait to get some gunk on those skins eh? have you thought about fiber-skins on them? (don't know what they sound like - they are kinda rare out here in Australia)

have you thought about fiber-skins on them?
I'd advise against fiberskyns... Unless you have the money to change them often.
They sound very good (horrible for brushes) but after a while they bubble up and then you get a tick sound if you hit the bubbles.

They sound good, but don't age well. Ambassadors age better.

Thanks everyone!!!
No, honestly I havn`t thought about other heads yet. I`m really impressed by the Ambassadors I have to admit. Fyberskins would be heads to think about but I would prefer the (a bit) brighter sound of my Ambassadors. Moreover I can`t wait to see them age, they get better and better when they start to get dirty. =)
Even on the bass drum I wouldn`t change the head choice for now.

Other than that a Fyberskin could be nice experiment! I`ll keep this option in mind.

And for anyone who would like to listen to me playing the kit, I`ve uploaded some live recordings of the piano trio gig on December 30th:

http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45777

Comments are welcome! :)

Thanks so much!

Karl

Beautiful honey amber finish! The black chrome goes well with that kit too.

Beautiful honey amber finish! The black chrome goes well with that kit too.

Thanks! Indeed this black chrome hardware looks magnific with this particular finish, I seriously didn`t expect such a beautiful contrast. Since I couldn`t check the kit personally while the building process I had to rely on Lars totally.
He surely has a great eye for aesthetics!

Karl

man Karl. those trio pics look awesome..

looks like you had a good time..specially since you were on your new kit! =)

how do you like those Samson mics?

Alex

Yes, it was huge fun for us! I finally had the new kit, our piano player had a nice grand piano and when our bass player`s amp broke an hour before playing she got an even nicer one. Now that we got the recordings we hear what to work on.

The Samson mics are amazing, especially for the price. They record in a very authentic way, don`t leave many sound details alone. Of course if you pay more you can get some magnific Audix for example but with a limited budget these are worth a try.

Thank you!

Karl

Thanks so much!

Here are some more photos I`ve taken today, wanted to take some for Lars` website:

KopievonSDC11750.jpg

KopievonSDC11759.jpg

KopievonSDC11760.jpg

KopievonSDC11756.jpg

KopievonSDC11748.jpg

KopievonSDC11753.jpg

KopievonSDC11751.jpg

KopievonSDC11758.jpg

Karl

Yeahhhh dude!
I can't believe they finally arrived. I'm very happy for you.
I know how it feels to wait a looong time for that one perfect kit.
Congrats!

Hey Karl, just wanted to get bye and congratulate you on these beautiful drums! Great choice! They look wonderful and I bet they sound even better. I ended up getting a set of superstars myself, so new drums for everyone! YAY!

That's a really really beautiful kit Karl. I envy you a lot. Your lucky to have a custom drums at your age. Plus you looks like really happy with your band and it's the most important. Have fun with that beauty.

Max

Very Nice Karl! I'm just starting to assemble the parts to build my next set in those exact sizes. I'm also planning on doing the Floor tom suspension mounting just like yours. The finish and hardware choices go great together. That is just altogether a beautiful set of drums.

It`s so much fun to play with the trio...hehe, especially with this kit. =)
We`re really looking forward to this year since we may get some great gigs. We thought to have the gigs (if possible) within one or two weeks in our summer holidays, something like a little tour. Of course that would be awesome!

By the way Sir Pasquini, have you got some photos of your new kit? Great news mate, congrats!!

And somedrummer: I wish you all the best for the new kit you`re gonna build. The suspension system for the floor tom is great but take care that you use a big case for it, when I had to press it into my 14" case it almost made me cry. :-D

Let us know when yours it`s finished!

Karl

Back