Superstar Hyperdrive Snow White Pearl

AtomicFlapjack

Got this absolute beaut a few months back, had the Xs20s for a while, just got a couple splashes too. Check her out :

First specs quickly:

Shells.
Tama Superstar Hyperdrive EFX in Snow White Pearl
- 13" x 6" Snare
- 10" x 6.5" Rack Tom
- 12" x 7" Rack Tom
- 16" x 14" Floor Tom
- 22" x 20" Bass Drum

Cymbals.
-Sabian HH 10" Splash
-Sabian AAX X-Plosion 11" Splash
-Sabian Xs20 14" Medium Hi Hats
-Sabian Xs20 16" Medium Thin Crash
-Sabian Xs20 18" Medium Thin Crash
-Sabian Xs20 20" Medium Ride

Pedals.
-Bigdog E002 Double Bass

Hardware.
-Tama Roadpro

033.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

015.jpg

014.jpg

012.jpg

049.jpg

048.jpg

047.jpg

That kit looks great in the classic white pearl!
The black chrome works well also.

Change the heads to a coated two ply of your favorite brand and those toms will amaze you.

Not a huge fan of the snare, but it is certaintly workable with the right tuning.

Enjoy the kit. It will do anything you need it to do if you treat it right.

Love it!!!
Black and White are definately my favorite color on a drumset!
Cheers

Nice looking kit man - thought I'd check out what you were playing since I am you :p

How do you find those HD size toms? Superstar HDs have been tempting me for months and months! I had to buy a new tom just to have something new and soothe the "ineedanewkit" itch - I can't afford a new kit for quite some time >.<

Also - thoughts on the long BD? Do you muffle it much these days (I see a small towel or something in the pics) or let it maximise that volume?

Cheers. The black nickel rims go really well with finish too, i agree.
And yeah I heads are next on the list, Evans G2's I reckon. Oh and believe me i am treating it well, the amount of money i forked out to Protection Racket!

Nice. Yea, I have the same kit (2up, 2dn dark mocha version), and I have coated G2s on mine; I dig em. I could never get the snare tuned to my liking, but I have 3 others so I never tried very hard...

Nice looking kit man - thought I'd check out what you were playing since I am you :p

How do you find those HD size toms? Superstar HDs have been tempting me for months and months! I had to buy a new tom just to have something new and soothe the "ineedanewkit" itch - I can't afford a new kit for quite some time >.<

Also - thoughts on the long BD? Do you muffle it much these days (I see a small towel or something in the pics) or let it maximise that volume?

Haha thank you! Wow, my set up has changed so much since this thread, I'll try and get some pictures on later. I've got a few more bits and bobs, and changed it around loads, went for a Peart-esque set up for a while, and currently have my kit with the rack toms the 'wrong way around'.

The HD toms are pretty awesome, combined with the fact that the kit is birch it gives plenty of attack. The main reason I love them though is just how easy it makes the kit to play, you can get the toms so low in comparison to power toms.

I know a bass drum that big isn't for everyone, but it works pretty well for me. I still just have the towel (I think it's two towels actually) in there, and that's all I do. That way it keeps plenty of volume and presence, but it still has a fair bit of punch. I just don't like kicks that are muffled to the point where it sounds great behind the kit, but it won't travel past the guitarists! (Shockingly I still haven't replaced the stock head, and it is pretty destroyed now.)

Love the shallow toms and that vintage pearl look. Sweetness!

And thank you!

Haha thank you! Wow, my set up has changed so much since this thread, I'll try and get some pictures on later. I've got a few more bits and bobs, and changed it around loads, went for a Peart-esque set up for a while, and currently have my kit with the rack toms the 'wrong way around'.

The HD toms are pretty awesome, combined with the fact that the kit is birch it gives plenty of attack. The main reason I love them though is just how easy it makes the kit to play, you can get the toms so low in comparison to power toms.

I know a bass drum that big isn't for everyone, but it works pretty well for me. I still just have the towel (I think it's two towels actually) in there, and that's all I do. That way it keeps plenty of volume and presence, but it still has a fair bit of punch. I just don't like kicks that are muffled to the point where it sounds great behind the kit, but it won't travel past the guitarists! (Shockingly I still haven't replaced the stock head, and it is pretty destroyed now.)

And thank you!
Nice kit buddy. Love the colour contrast with the hardware. Don't worry about your bass drum. It is the perfect size. I have two just that size. :)

Cheers Sticks, the contrast really works well doesn't it, on both our kits :) Do you have any muffling in your bass drums?
I use the stock PS3, and the only thing I have in my bass drum is a Kelly Shu, with a Sennheiser 902e mic on it. No port either. Just small hole for mike cable in front head.

Nice kit buddy. Love the colour contrast with the hardware. Don't worry about your bass drum. It is the perfect size. I have two just that size. :)

Sticks - no way, you're not keen on white and black drums are you?!?

;)

Atomic Flapjack - you got any recordings of your SS HDs?

Nice. Yea, I have the same kit (2up, 2dn dark mocha version), and I have coated G2s on mine; I dig em. I could never get the snare tuned to my liking, but I have 3 others so I never tried very hard...
Nice, I have clear EC2's on mine at the moment, really makes a difference from the stock heads. Haha well that's fair enough, I like the snare tone I have, but with a control ring (actually just cut out of an old head - not pictured). It has quite a lot of ringy overtones without it, which I'm not much of a fan of. I'm thinking of getting a thinner head than the Remo X though, as it doesn't cut through as much as I'd like with the thick ass head and control ring on it.

Atomic Flapjack - you got any recordings of your SS HDs?

Err, I believe I have some footage just taken from my Zoom Q3HD, just in my room. Not sure what heads are on it at the time, I'll have a look and post up later when I try to find some more recent pictures.

I use the stock PS3, and the only thing I have in my bass drum is a Kelly Shu, with a Sennheiser 902e mic on it. No port either. Just small hole for mike cable in front head.

Interesting, I'd never heard of a Kelly Shu before. I'm thinking of getting a bass drum mic, but think I'm gunna leave it for a bit as my bands current PA dies after a couple hours use as it is...

Yea I have rings on all of mine... But I'm just playing alone in my small, untreated, ringy basement so I don't care about cutting through everything. The bass drum is actually the only thing that isn't muffled (except for the builtin ring); the bass is also the only one that still has the stock head(s) on it...

Back