Dixon Pedals?

ross24

I found someone selling a used dixon pedal for a 100 bucks. He said he bought it for 200, no clue what model it is. Are these any good, i figure i could get it for like 75.

I had one before buying my Eliminators. Honestly i liked those pedals....until they fell apart on me. They felt pretty good and was quiet smooth. There wasn't any way to adjust it with the exception of the beater angle so you are pretty much stuck with what you have. After i had mine for about 6 months the footboard became loose and would squeck everytime i pressed it. Eventually it finally died on me.

Try them out, you might like them but in my honest opinion i would keep saveing for a better quality pedal.

Dixon is a cheap low end brand. I have a few cymbal arm and accessories from them, but I wouldn't bother with a pedal.

As said, you could do better at that price.

I have never used their pedals, but I have owned two boom stands and a throne in the past....those three items were enough to put me off anything branded Dixon, for life. However, It's possible they have come a long way since I made these purchases in the 90's....but the experience was enough that I'd never bother to find out.

Below, pretty much sums up my unashamedly biased thoughts on the brand.

Dixon is a cheap low end brand. I have a few cymbal arm and accessories from them, but I wouldn't bother with a pedal.

As said, you could do better at that price.

Agreed, if you can do better for the price, then don't hesitate.

No used Dixon pedal is worth $100. I just snagged a used Pearl Eliminator / Powershifter for $40 in perfect condition. Much better pedals can be had used for less $$.

i spotted a yamaha single pedal proffesional standard in my local drum centre for £69 but i do have a dixon pedal at the minute and theyre fast and smooth and havent let me down :)

Agree with DED. I bought a Dixon pedal because it was cheap and lightweight. They are the two best things about Dixon gear. I have a few other Dixon pieces - stands and brushes (for tapping only - I use Ludwig brushes for sweeping) - and they do the job perfectly well because I don't demand much of them. In short - cheap, light and cover the basics.

I'm taking a hand-oriented approach in my current band, playing over basic kick drums patterns. If I joined a rock band again I would have to buy a new pedal.

Back