Drums and Guns

I don't know about you all, but as a USAF veteran and supporter of our Second Amendment, I am actually more inclined to support Kaman due to their military affiliation. I guess I'll be buying those LP congas and that Gibraltar rack afterall...

But what if they sell arms to our enemies? They're in it for the money. Nothing wrong with that per se, but careful who you give your money to. Money is as much a part of you as anything else you create or attract.

I don't know about you all, but as a USAF veteran and supporter of our Second Amendment, I am actually more inclined to support Kaman due to their military affiliation. I guess I'll be buying those LP congas and that Gibraltar rack afterall...

Thanks for your service. I was briefly in the forces and learned enough to have great respect for those who serve/served.

GJS

If Beretta made drums, I'd check them out. Affording them may be a different story.

Now endorsing;
Beretta drums
Perazzi Cymbals
Remington sticks
Smith&Wesson heads

;)

I was briefly in the forces and learned enough to have great respect for those who serve/served.

GJS
Yeah? Well I served for 6 years, which was more than long enough to have lost respect for at least 80% of them - just kidding! (mostly) :D

I loved the bumpersticker: Drums not guns. But, I found on bongomania.com the following:

Most percussion instruments we find in music shops in the US and Europe were manufactured in a factory in Thailand. Some of the different brands are actually made in the same factory. Furthermore, the Kaman corporation now owns LP, CP, World Beat, Matador, Toca, and Gibraltar, so really some of our so-called choices just fatten one big corporate pocket. Many people don't realize that Kaman also manufactures parts for missiles, bombs, and other military equipment. They are proud of their military business.http://www.bongomania.com/eng/articles/selecting.html

I wonder if this is still true. Does it matter to you?

GJS

This forum isn't the place for a discussion on this subject, but in truth you can't even use money without supporting unsavoury elements in the world...in order to be totally ethical you'd need to stop spending money in its present form altogether.

Yeah? Well I served for 6 years, which was more than long enough to have lost respect for at least 80% of them - just kidding! (mostly) :D

I lost respect of civilians over 30 years ago!!! 100% pro military and pro Kaman!!!
Anything that makes noise, I love it!!

Race cars, guns, drums, fireworks, loud music....

I loved the bumpersticker: Drums not guns. But, I found on bongomania.com the following:

Most percussion instruments we find in music shops in the US and Europe were manufactured in a factory in Thailand. Some of the different brands are actually made in the same factory. Furthermore, the Kaman corporation now owns LP, CP, World Beat, Matador, Toca, and Gibraltar, so really some of our so-called choices just fatten one big corporate pocket. Many people don't realize that Kaman also manufactures parts for missiles, bombs, and other military equipment. They are proud of their military business.http://www.bongomania.com/eng/articles/selecting.html

I wonder if this is still true. Does it matter to you?

GJS

However, Kaman sold off it's musical instrument division to Fender in 2008, and it is now known as KMC.

Kaman the military equipment manufacturer is out of the musical equipment business.

Link: http://www.entrepreneur.com/tradejournals/article/172381291.html

Sabian should belong to that list aswell.

Not true.

Kaman (now KMS) does indeed distribute Sabian cymbals, but they do not own Sabian.

Further, Kaman was not the only distributor for Sabian, and at one time (and maybe they still do) Kaman also distributed Zildjian to smaller stores that didn't have a direct relationship with Zildjian. Same with Remo heads and numerous other products.

For some of the military personnell I run into here in the netherlands I find it hard to believe their mothers let them move out of the house in the first place, let alone go to Afghanistan or Iraq. But yeah, a lot of them are heroes.

Other than that I'm with rogue drummer in his stance on a country having the right to protect itself. As for the right to bear arms... Letting untrained average civilians bear arms sounds like a great recipe for accidents - stupid people are closer than they appear! - , but I'll refrain from further political comments.

Back