Evans v Remo - settle an arguement

As of late all my snares are Evans reverse dot. Coating stays on longer than the Remo and they sound great. As for the toms it's still Remo for me. Either Ambassador X's or clear Emperors. For the bass it's a Remo PS3 on two kits and SK1 on the other. Works for me.

The end of the world is near..............................surprised they haven't spontaneously combusted yet!

And let that be a reminder to all, take note of the label stamped on the bottom head (if) b/f you go crowing how great the drum sounds with new EVANS batters, it just might be the REMO bottom head is making all the difference!

Im good, all my resos are GENERA G1's

Both companies make heads from films that are manufactured to their specs.
Both companies have their own processes for making the hoops and setting the film in the hoops.
Both companies have their own coatings and sound control systems.

If you use a head and you like how it performs than that is the best head no matter who makes it or how it is made.
I use heads that I like from several manufacturers.
I am glad that there are so many options.

I wish debates over drum heads would spontaneously combust and go away. If it sounds good, lasts to your expectations and If you like it, it is good no matter what "prevailing" wisdom is offered on the internet.

I've always used Evans and they have sounded and lasted just fine in my case. I'm very satisfied

If it sounds good, lasts to your expectations and If you like it, it is good no matter what "prevailing" wisdom is offered on the internet.

We should just put this on the little message bar at the top of the forum, because it could save so much time discussing these obviously subjective things! I mean, jeez, I heard some two-year-old (plus) stock Gretsch heads on a Catalina Club today that I thought sounded fantastic. Those were probably around McDonalds' toy-grade plastic.

Im good, all my resos are GENERA G1's

Crisis averted...............

iStock_000017590354XSmall.jpg

I use both with great results. But there's one thing I have to mention about Aquarian. I don't know what kind of coating they use but it's amazing. I just put fresh heads on my kit and did a gig. G2 coated on my toms and an Aquarian coated on my snare. After playing 2 sets you can see stick marks on the toms. Pretty normal stuff. But on the snare which is hit at least 10 (?) times more than the toms, not a mark. Looks brand new. Don't understand.

I use both with great results. But there's one thing I have to mention about Aquarian. I don't know what kind of coating they use but it's amazing. I just put fresh heads on my kit and did a gig. G2 coated on my toms and an Aquarian coated on my snare. After playing 2 sets you can see stick marks on the toms. Pretty normal stuff. But on the snare which is hit at least 10 (?) times more than the toms, not a mark. Looks brand new. Don't understand.

Now, that much is certainly true... Aquarian's coating is some kind of dark magic!

For me, it's Evans Gmad on the kick, Remo Coated Emperors on the toms, and Aquarian single ply texture coated, Remo Coated Ambassador, or X14 on the snares. That's what works for me.

Back