Pad with similar feel to Mike Johnston's Ghost Note Pro?

I played on Johnston's Ghost Note Pro and it's probably the best pad I've ever tried. Just the rebound and the feel a pad needs.
Problem is, my local dealer doesn't have the Ghost Note Pro, and DW won't supply them for a good while.
They do have one called DW Smart Practice Pad, it's 14". Has anyone tried it? Is it of the same quality as the Ghost Note Pro?

(if I had the chance to go and try it, I would; but I can't, that's why I'm asking for your experiences)

ok pal now I know why you have the screen name you do. first off lose the attitude I!!! I missed the zero in stock my bad guess you've never made a mistake. secondly how am I suppose to know you live in Europe? you didn't state that anywhere. I was simply trying to help by suggesting you look online for the one you want!

good luck getting help with an attitude like that around here

ok pal now I know why you have the screen name you do. first off lose the attitude I!!! I missed the zero in stock my bad guess you've never made a mistake. secondly how am I suppose to know you live in Europe? you didn't state that anywhere. I was simply trying to help by suggesting you look online for the one you want!

good luck getting help with an attitude like that around here

no attitude at all, I guess it's easy to misinterpret someone's words behind a screen. I was pretty polite. you seem to be pretty touchy, so if I said anything to offend you, I apologise, and let's leave it there :)

Is it the actual feel of the pad or the little bar to aid with keeping your strokes low that most appeals about this pad?

If none are readily available you may be able to make your own. Just identify what sort of rubber/neoprene is being used for the actual playing surface and buy any old pad that offers the same feel and response. Then it's just a matter of rigging up a makeshift ghost note guide and you're good to go.

As a side issue, there's definitely attitude in your response mate....whether you wanna accept that or not. Pretty much everyone on this board tries their best to help, Kona is no different. My advice is be thankful for it.....even if it's not necessarily exactly what you were hoping to hear.

Is it the actual feel of the pad or the little bar to aid with keeping your strokes low that most appeals about this pad?

If none are readily available you may be able to make your own. Just identify what sort of rubber/neoprene is being used for the actual playing surface and buy any old pad that offers the same feel and response. Then it's just a matter of rigging up a makeshift ghost note guide and you're good to go.

no, it's the feel, not the bar. I just want a pad that has a similar "feel" to it, same quality. I'm pretty sure the bar is pretty easy to DIY if at some point I feel like I need it.

As a side issue, there's definitely attitude in your response mate....whether you wanna accept that or not. Pretty much everyone on this board tries their best to help, Kona is no different. My advice is be thankful for it.....even if it's not necessarily exactly what you were hoping to hear.

well I said thanks twice in my response, don't know how else to express thankfulness.
let's leave it there though and not go through this endless loophole, please.

Back