Drummerworld Videos page messed up?

T

TwoCables

For several months now, I have been seeing this:

Drummerworld.png

Is something wrong on my end, or is this just the way it is for now until Bernhard finishes working on the videos?

Please post how it looks for you so that I can compare and troubleshoot if necessary. I mean, if everyone replies saying that it looks fine on their end, then I will need to figure out what's going on over here.

Last edited:
On my end it looks like the picture attached below - in all Browsers and ipad.....hmm

Can you all check, how it's looking on your machine? Here:
http://www.drummerworld.com/drummervideo.html

And you Cables: did you try to empty cache or in another browser?

Hope all is fine....

Bernhard

Attachments

• dwvideos.jpg
    dwvideos.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 136
Oh, I see what it is now. I'm blocking googleads.g.doubleclick.net.

Thank you for the reply, Bernhard! I figured it all out now.

Yeah, same thing happens here. Ghostery is blocking Google ads, and for some reason that also seems to block the video links on that page.

Easily solved by unblocking Google ads for that specific page, but might be nice to know for Bernhard anyway.

Yeah, same thing happens here. Ghostery is blocking Google ads, and for some reason that also seems to block the video links on that page.

Easily solved by unblocking Google ads for that specific page, but might be nice to know for Bernhard anyway.

I learned it by unblocking absolutely everything and even using a different browser just to be sure it's not one of my Firefox extensions, and hovering over links revealed to me that every link is a link to googleads.g.doubleclick.net followed by a forward slash and then a very long string of gibberish that I didn't even attempt to look at. So when I learned that each link to all of those videos is to googleads.g.doubleclick.net, I learned that I'm blocking it.

The videos shown are completely randomized too, so I guess I'm fine with not seeing them.

The videos shown are completely randomized too, so I guess I'm fine with not seeing them.

What's wrong with that? These are all good Drummerworld Videos and you have always a different choice - I thought this was a good idea????!!!

The very new videos are shown in the "latest additons" section anyway.

Any thoughts?

Bernhard

What's wrong with that? These are all good Drummerworld Videos and you have always a different choice - I thought this was a good idea????!!!

The very new videos are shown in the "latest additons" section anyway.

Any thoughts?

Bernhard

I liked it when they were hand-picked. I also liked that many were posted because there was something new to see.

On the other hand, this is just as good for the fact that you might end up watching something that you didn't know was on here, or you might get turned on to an amazing drummer that you didn't know was so amazing before or a drummer you've never heard of who blows your mind. I could sit here all day reloading the page and watching new videos that catch my interest, and that's awesome in and of itself.

Back