Has anyone had this problem with a double pedal link?

Trilogy72

I recently noticed a clicking sound coming from the left side u-joint from my Mapex Falcon pedal link. I have checked the bolts and made sure nothing was loose.
I posted a video of this on YouTube to better explain the problem. Just wanted to get some feedback to see if any of you guys have had this problem.

Video Link: http://youtu.be/LSRLNBEsfQI

It's a replacement one too isn't it?

My falcon was clicking but eventually I realised it was the spike used to dig into the carpet unscrewing itself (and rising up) from vibrations. The idiots put it right under the footboard lol

It's a replacement one too isn't it?

My falcon was clicking but eventually I realised it was the spike used to dig into the carpet unscrewing itself (and rising up) from vibrations. The idiots put it right under the footboard lol

Yes, this is the replacement pedal. The pedal itself is great and I have had no problems with it at all. The link on the new and the old pedal are the same so this is not a problem with the new design.

Can you peel back or remove the rubber cover? Sounds like the U joint is loose. Plus, there are only 3 pieces in that assembly.

On double pedals, that is usually the weakest link and goes out first. I don't have a Mapex, but that can be a common prob for us double pedallers.

Can you peel back or remove the rubber cover? Sounds like the U joint is loose. Plus, there are only 3 pieces in that assembly.

On double pedals, that is usually the weakest link and goes out first. I don't have a Mapex, but that can be a common prob for us double pedallers.

The rubber cover is glued and will not let me move it. It's still under warranty so I will not break the seal at this point to look inside. I contacted Mapex today about this and I am waiting for a response.

The rubber cover is glued and will not let me move it. It's still under warranty so I will not break the seal at this point to look inside. I contacted Mapex today about this and I am waiting for a response.

Currently, only Axis and the new Atlas/Ludwig pedals have decent U-joints. Weak U-joints are also the reason the slave pedal feels sluggish.

Currently, only Axis and the new Atlas/Ludwig pedals have decent U-joints. Weak U-joints are also the reason the slave pedal feels sluggish.

Trick pedals just recently came out with a replacement U Joint axle. I know they have one for the DW's and also a universal one. Something to keep in mind later.

I have a Trick double pedal, and their U joints are just so insanely smooth and well built. No Play at all.

http://www.shoptrick.com/categories/Retrofit-Drive-Shafts-74.html

+1 on the Trick U-joint. Minimal lag between slave and master pedal, but having switched to two singles, I can definitely say that minimal just means better than most other pedals. Having the ability to covert the pedal into a double is a God-send though. Not a lot of gigs here where the option of a second bass drum is made available.

I just got a response from Mapex and they are shipping me a new link. There customer service is amazing and very quick to respond.

Cool! Glad to hear it's being sorted out!

Back