double kick pedal tension problem

chopatooth

ive been drumming for about 7 months now and as ive tried to get faster in my double bass playing. for about 2 months now ive been stuck at about sixteenth notes at 100-110 bpm and i cant get any faster with the exeption of when i just start im not tired and can play around 120. ive been wondering why i cant get any faster and i finally noticed about a week ago that the tension on my left pedal cannot go as high as the tension on my right pedal and they are both turned up all the way. and i realized this is probably throwing me off balance because i have to work alot harder with my left foot than my right and this may be why i cant play any faster than 110 bpm. i bought a cheap beginner pdp pedal (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pacific-Drums-by-DW-DP602C-Double-Pedal-102642923-i1137515.gc). i realized that the spring on my left pedal could be the problem so to narrow it down i switched the springs around and i still had the problem so i really have no idea whats wrong and any help would be appreciated also if the problem means nothing and its just something im doing please tell me thanks!

are you sure the tension is the problem??

it may be that your left foot is just generally weaker

thats still the case with me

what u can do to help is is just what u normal play with a single pedal but use ure left foot instead

this will help to increase the strength and start to balance your feet/legs out

oh yeah my left foot is definatly weaker than my right but the tension still isnt the same for example if i pull the pedals back to the same spot and let them go the left one will hit the head once and stop but the right one with hit the head and bounce back hitting it 2 more times, also ive tried playing with my right foot on my left pedal and i cant play like normal :p

oh yeah my left foot is definatly weaker than my right but the tension still isnt the same for example if i pull the pedals back to the same spot and let them go the left one will hit the head once and stop but the right one with hit the head and bounce back hitting it 2 more times, also ive tried playing with my right foot on my left pedal and i cant play like normal :p

it could quite possibly be that its a cheap pedal so they havent matched it properly, i recommend emailing/going to the store u bought it from and have them check it out for you

it could also be that the beater is on a different wrap around of the chain making it closer/further away from the drum to start with

ive been drumming for about 7 months now and as ive tried to get faster in my double bass playing. for about 2 months now ive been stuck at about sixteenth notes at 100-110 bpm and i cant get any faster with the exeption of when i just start im not tired and can play around 120. ive been wondering why i cant get any faster and i finally noticed about a week ago that the tension on my left pedal cannot go as high as the tension on my right pedal and they are both turned up all the way. and i realized this is probably throwing me off balance because i have to work alot harder with my left foot than my right and this may be why i cant play any faster than 110 bpm. i bought a cheap beginner pdp pedal (http://www.guitarcenter.com/Pacific-Drums-by-DW-DP602C-Double-Pedal-102642923-i1137515.gc). i realized that the spring on my left pedal could be the problem so to narrow it down i switched the springs around and i still had the problem so i really have no idea whats wrong and any help would be appreciated also if the problem means nothing and its just something im doing please tell me thanks!

I say mess with some other adjustments. Never get hung-up thinking that settings for both pedals need to be equal, that's a big mistake. Just b/c you see DP's advertised in photo's with the beater heads exactly the same distance from the bass head, doesn't mean its reality in regards to playing, it just looks good for sales.

Try adjusting the left beater closer to the bass drum head. Foot board angle may be a little higher than your rightt pedal's board when both beaters are pushed (and held) into the head. Beater height should closely match, though need not be exact.

Your left foot may just preform better with a shorter throw plus a higher start and finish angle on the board.

say mess with some other adjustments. Never get hung-up thinking that settings for both pedals need to be equal, that's a big mistake. Just b/c you see DP's advertised in photo's with the beater heads exactly the same distance from the bass head, doesn't mean its reality in regards to playing, it just looks good for sales.

Try adjusting the left beater closer to the bass drum head. Foot board angle may be a little higher than your rightt pedal's board when both beaters are pushed (and held) into the head. Beater height should closely match, though need not be exact.

Your left foot may just preform better with a shorter throw plus a higher start and finish angle on the board.

ill try the beater distance but i cant adjust the angle of the foot board on my pedals

chopatooth

double pedal problem
i posted this problem before, http://www.drummerworld.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51910, but i dont think i described it well so i made a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAsN4o8zpsU

So you know, you didn't need to start a new thread, just continue in this one. Its obvious from the vid that your left beater is too far from the head, too much travel.

Your left beater needs a shorter throw, shorter than your right even. Try adjusting tthe beater closer and you should find it easier.

Back