my kits

Have you just aquired these over the years? or have you bought them all in a smaller period of time? How much about for each kit?

Are you endorsed at all?

These are beautiful kits, and i like how they all follow the same guidelines.

On The Real said:
Have you just aquired these over the years? or have you bought them all in a smaller period of time? How much about for each kit?

Are you endorsed at all?

These are beautiful kits, and i like how they all follow the same guidelines.

I am endorsed by Pork Pie and Brady. Prices are not really a topic I can get into. The natural finish with the gold lugs is the old kit, 1998. I also have a 17 piece blue glass kit that is in LA for when I work out there..I'll try to find a pic. All the rest of the kits are in the last 2 1/2 years I think. The DW fell in my lap about two months ago. Also have a Roland td12 and a Slingerland Expresso Cocktail kit.

Oh my god, are you in the mob? :) How do you have the $$ and room for all those?

Damn. I was shocked when I saw the 3rd kit but then it just kept going :)

Allright, where do you work? I want that job that allows you to afford all those kits. Do you gig, and if so, how do you decide which kit to use? Nice kits.

...Very nice Greg.

Is that red 14"floor tom a Fibes? it looks like it has Fibes lugs. If so does that mean that you also have a Fibes kit hiding with your other spares?

I have three DW kits, and have always felt a little bit guilty about owning two more kits than I reall need. I would like to thank you for wiping that guilt away. Now I can go out and buy that fourth kit.

Once again, that is a very nice collection you have.

barry

baz said:
...Very nice Greg.

Is that red 14"floor tom a Fibes? it looks like it has Fibes lugs. If so does that mean that you also have a Fibes kit hiding with your other spares?

I have three DW kits, and have always felt a little bit guilty about owning two more kits than I reall need. I would like to thank you for wiping that guilt away. Now I can go out and buy that fourth kit.

Once again, that is a very nice collection you have.

barry

barry

Glad I could help.
The Fibes drum was part of a trade that involved A TON of stuff. It makes a nice drink table at gigs.
Now go get # 4 and # 5. You and I are both 46 so, if not now, when??????

Tetley said:
Whats you're gigging kit specs, roughly...... do you use 4up 2down or was that just for the insurance photos?

Gig kit is 8 10 12 14 16 22 and snare. Sometime I will go 10 12 13 14 16, and sometimes I will not uhe the 16. Basic cymbal set up in 8 or 10 splash, 14 16 17 crash, 20 or 22 ride and 14 hats.
The pix showed everything drum wise for insurance. I have some other snares, but only posted pix of the ones with the kits.

I'm blown away by all those awesome kits! Do you have duplicate cymbals for each kit (like five 22" 2002 rides!) or a few cymbals that get used for all the kits?

radiofriendlyunitshifter said:
wow. talk about a house full of completely gorgeous kits. thank you for showing them off.

would you mind telling us what band you're in?
wow.

www.myspace.com/blaqlily
www.arminta.net
I also think we have three or four of our videos on Youtube either under Arminta or Arminta and blaqlily (I have never tried to find them)

As far as cymbals go, I have a complete set ups of 2002, A custom Projectors and Dark K's.

If I can get that dear Lad Topcat to help me out again, I will post pics of brass and snares.

That is the most amazing amount and quality of kits I have ever seen. Where do you get the money to do that? At the rate I'm going I would have that many kits by the time I am 200, and I don't think I'm gonna live that long.

radiofriendlyunitshifter said:
haha! progressive celtic music. not my cup of tea, but hey. i was hoping to get a taste

of your kits but unfortunately the drums aren't too loud in the mix (as well they shouldn't

be for the music). no matter, your kits are beautiful.

If you go to the www.arminta.net and listen to Forged in the Fire, you will hear lots o toms. The whole song is a tom pattern, never get anywhere near the snare, and you can hear my 42" Paiste symphonic gong. Also the toms are very out fromt in Lullabies.
As far as Celtic music, it fun. We have about 100 working songs, some traditional pub stuff, originals, and some sorta normal covers. We do about 100-125 shows a year.

Back