Black Magic 6.5X14" "Brassified" Brass Tube Lugs or No?

WalterKohn

Here is my 6.5x14" "Black Magic" snare from 2010. I am "Brassifying" this becuase it is less expensive to do it to then my Black Beauty. I bought the Brass Die Cast hoops from Ludwig directly and the Tension Rods, Strainer, and Butt Plate are from DrumFactoryDirect.Com. My question is should I go with the Brass Tube Lugs as well? Does anyone know the exact size I would need? I think it is 3 and 1/2 inches, I can't find any specs anywhere online about the actual size. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• php10qsjZAM.jpg
    php10qsjZAM.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 373
  • phpIjTuRtAM (1).jpg
    phpIjTuRtAM (1).jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 332
  • phpO8gK0dAM.jpg
    phpO8gK0dAM.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 370
looks great as is, I don't know what size you need but think the brass lugs would accent it better. Just order ones based on the size of your old ones should be from center of the mount holes. I actually think my 8" BM has the same length lugs.

I'm pretty sure the BM series, and the new Supralite snares use the same hole spacing as all the "Ludwig copy" snares out there in the 6.5 size, so the larger "generic" tube lugs should fit, but you need to take a lug off and measure to be sure.

I vote for doing Brass lugs! I don't usually go for those, but the hoops/strainer look really sweet on that shell, so I'd do the whole thing.

I actually didn't like the slightly longer tubes, but in the last couple years, they've grown on me, & I like them a lot now.

A Supralite with Brass hardware would look pretty awesome too.....hmmmmmm.......

Back