Help with Band Name

Reunion..............................
30 Year Reunion...............

Here Again.
I'm sure that's taken though.

Back in Gray.
Sounds familar... :p

Personally, I think that too much effort is put into a band name. just pick something obscure and run with it is my take.

Hi Chip (LTNS)

It's good if a band name gives people some idea of what they're about. In the late 70s/80s there was a band playing around Sydney called Cold Chisel.

A bunch of friends were checking the gig guide and someone asked what was on at the Lifesaver (Bondi Lifesaver was an iconic band venue - now gone, like all of Sydney's iconic venues).

"Some band called ... Cold Chisel"

"Cold Chisel? What kind of name is that? What's on at the Stagedoor?"

Cold Chisel eventually went on to become one of the biggest bands in the country ... but the name didn't help.

I've never seen a band name thread so quickly solved. But I love Back in Grey lol

(Hi Polly! Trying to spend more time here.. )

i agree with you too. I was just being ornery @:) Partially.

I think some thought should be put into the name, but, make it FUN, not some deep philosophical discussion to have a name that is an analysis of who we are. An, they often tend to backfire.

Have you ever seen "That Thing You Do?"
The band in the movie call themselves "The Oneders" pronounced: The Wonders." However, everyone pronounced it o-need-ers. Quite funny.

Oh... and I agree with "Back in Grey" too.

I agree that names should be fun - or at least be interesting.

Apparently the (terrible) name Cold Chisel came about because the guys had a gig and, due to circumstances that I've forgotten, had to come up with a name on the spot.

Funny how the O Needers came about ... when INXS first started out I saw them listed on a gig guide and pronounced it "Inks" in my mind :)

Faux Wood Beams.

Why? I dunno, that was the advertisement in the corner when I was looking at this thread.
It's as good as a name as any other. LOL.

Well I just read ZOOSK online dating service as the add. I guess that could work also. :)

Zikos (drummer) had the best name for a band.

"The Grin And Dig It, Gittin' With It, Hoochie Coochie Rhythem Band."

...is he English or is that a typo on rhythm?

Zikos (drummer) had the best name for a band.

"The Grin And Dig It, Gittin' With It, Hoochie Coochie Rhythem Band."

...is he English or is that a typo on rhythm?
Hard to fit on a bass drum though :)

The super cool kids that play music together if you wanna be korny. I only think of korny names so... =D

Ok I have always wanted a band with this name but never have so here ya go...

THOSE GUYS!

I just thought it would always be funny to hear people talk about who are you going to see?

Those guys!

So there ya have it enjoy!

I was in a band once called "Lost Cat". You may have seen our flyers around town.

But seriously folks, "Special Guest" would be a cool name. Think of how that would look on the posters.

But seriously folks, "Special Guest" would be a cool name. Think of how that would look on the posters.

Haha, I wouldn't want to trick people into seeing me.

2nd chance?

Back