Help with Band Name

S

sticks4drums

Hey guys. I have recently got together with a childhood friend after almost 30 years of not seeing each other. We have started a band. Having trouble coming up with a cool name. I was trying to think of something that would tie into our story line of not seeing each other after all that time, but now hooking up again as old guys and rockin out. Nothing cheesy, it has to be cool. We are old not dead. :) Hey that could be a name. :)

Lost and Found :p

My band is going through the same thing.... band names are harder than naming children

Thanks, not too bad. It is tough. I came up with "Grey Flames", old, grey hair, I am getting a vinyl flame wrap for my gigging kit in a black, grey and white flame. My buddy did not like it.

Is there any story line for your band to work with for your name?

'Lost and Found' is nice! How fitting!

'Lost and Found' is nice! How fitting!
The more I look at it, the more I like. Do I have to pay you anything if I use it. :) How do you know if you are taking another bands name. Is there a law against having the same name as someone else.

Good evening everyone. Welcome to Toronto. Here for the first time. LOST N FOUND!

I usually just google band names before I "take" them. If it's not online, they probably aren't that serious even if they do "have" the name.

There are tons of them on Google. :( One is a Christian band. Get it. "I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind but now I see".

That has to be one of the hardest things for a band. My band had a lot of trouble, between thinking of a name we liked, making sure everyone in the band agreed they liked it, and making sure it wasn't already in use by another band, it was very difficult. I think the best way is to not really look for a band name and go about your normal practices and if someone says something that sounds cool then remember it for later. If you look at how a lot of very well known bands got their names they have some very interesting stories.

The tough thing is that if someone else comes up with a name, you don't usually want to use it because you didn't think of it.

But FWIW,

30 Years After (Alvin Lee Cover Band)

The GrayStrokes

Dos Biejos

Binnawile

The Rebudz

I think our band settled from Severance to Elaborate Disaster Plan lol

The thing about google, is that no matter what band name you come up with, some other band is going to have the same name. Before google, bands just named themselves, and when one made it big the other ones stopped using them lol.

Do you know how many ameture bands were named severance?! hahahaha

I just basically make sure its not a "well known" band before i choose a name.

I have been surprisingly privileged to have been in three bands with totally unique names. Possibly even all five of them have been unique.

'Gee-Tarzan and the Giant Drum Kit'....

You will need to get a tour bus to haul that drum set of your around...

I'd also like to get som help with a name for my band. Is that okat fot you Sticky, that I borrow your thread? We should really make a thread for band names, you guys have awesome imagination, haha! :)

It's a jazz, funk, soul, lighter rock trio. Like John Mayer Trio, Soulive, Lettuce, Shaky Trade etc.

Personally, I think that too much effort is put into a band name. just pick something obscure and run with it is my take.

How about.. 30yrs On. or Time Slipped By.

I like "makin up for lost time" but it is a bit long. Something that sounds like that but shorter would be cool. All these ideas by people help to get ideas out. Thanks guys.

Back