Post pictures of your... NON-drum instruments?!

alparrott

Diamond Member
So I'm heading down to the music store today and planning on spending over $600 bucks... but NOT on drums, drum equipment, or any such. I'm reviving my long-dormant bass-playing and picking up a beautiful Squier Deluxe Active IV Jazz Bass and a 75-watt combo amp, as an early birthday and retirement present.

I was originally just going to make this a "wow, look at my new toy" thread, but realized that posting pics of a bass on DW might seem... odd. So I'm throwing it open in the Off-Topic Lounge. I know many of you are also multi-instrumentalists, so let's see what (besides drums) you guys play, and the more striking (positively or negatively), the better!

Here's my new acquisition (and a stock photo):

Attachments

• activeiv2.jpg
    activeiv2.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 729
  • active4.png
    active4.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 700
My Mission control center:

Workstation.jpg

Very awe-inspiring, DED. Nice Strat... what is the other guitar and the bass hanging there?

Here's a much better picture of the bass and it's new proud papa this afternoon.

Attachments

• P1050640.jpg
    P1050640.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 674
Fingerprints are killing me alparrott! I like the look without the pickguard.

Sitting on the couch beside me as I type:

photo6.jpg

I suppose I've had it for about 10 years now. Gets way more love than my kit does these days.

Ditto on the fingerprints, man. That was straight out of the case and into a picture. Then I'm like, "argh", and nicked a piece of chamois from my wife to keep in the case. I like yours, how elegant.

Very awe-inspiring, DED. Nice Strat... what is the other guitar and the bass hanging there?

Thanks.

The guitar in the forefront is a Line 6 Variax. For studio work, it's great because it can sound like a dozen different guitars. But the electronics can be temperamental. Always stays in tune though.

The bass is a Schector. A friend bought it, then needed the cash, my wife wanted to learn to play it, but then we had kids. So there it sits!

Here are EHs instruments (some of them):
34779_1325905995746_1473790586_30752196_1723375_n.jpg

67473_1424188092737_1473790586_30959024_6379228_n.jpg

12445_1165151496984_1473790586_30429082_8085057_n.jpg

(the pickups in these guitars have been swapped round)

And here is the one I really wish I hadn't sold at the beginning of last year:

:(

Finally:

35837_1318384767720_1473790586_30736127_169743_n.jpg

My home studio computer setup (for those who haven't seen it) and my keyboard. We have a really nice piano downstairs too. I've really just started learning the keyboard properly, I can play stuff like Gary Jules and Tinie Tempah though...

@Eddie: I like that clear Jazz Bass. And oddly enough, I nearly went for a Peavey Millennium instead of what I ended up with... decent sounding basses for the price.

DED, Jay and Eddie - great setups. I've love to have the space and neighbour situation to have a music room.

I don't have a pic of my keyboard, except in this screenshot from a vid (shame about the hair) ... it's an old Technics KN720 I bought from a pawn shop some years ago. It sounds surprisingly good, esp the "Rock Organ":

Attachments

• pinies-at-marrickville.jpg
    pinies-at-marrickville.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 574
Look how many Basses. Bass and drums go hand and hand.
I dont play bass but i've always wanted to learn.

Played bass for many years now ...
still do
always wanted to learn drums, so at 56 now I am.

Pictures over the years of me doing what I do best

piccomposite.jpg

Below a current photo from last week playing the IBC (International Blues Challenge) regional with my 1968 Fender Precision Bass.

DanandKenny99.jpg

DED, Jay and Eddie - great setups. I've love to have the space and neighbour situation to have a music room.

Yeah neighbours can be a problem hehe.

@Eddie: I like that clear Jazz Bass. And oddly enough, I nearly went for a Peavey Millennium instead of what I ended up with... decent sounding basses for the price.

Clear jazz bass? By that i suppose you're on about the one that isn't butchered or anything?

The peavey milennium was ok. I wasn't so keen on the bridge or the knobs though. I did miss having a peavey though hence why i bought the other one lol.

Clear jazz bass? By that i suppose you're on about the one that isn't butchered or anything?

Ah cripes, how drunk was I when I looked at that pic? The way it looked when I first saw it, I thought you had a Jazz Bass with an acrylic see-through body... probably because I just noodled on one at GC. Now that I look at it, it looks like it lost a massive street fight with a box of spraypaint cans and a squad of machete-wielding thugs... But anyways... lol

Ah cripes, how drunk was I when I looked at that pic? The way it looked when I first saw it, I thought you had a Jazz Bass with an acrylic see-through body... probably because I just noodled on one at GC. Now that I look at it, it looks like it lost a massive street fight with a box of spraypaint cans and a squad of machete-wielding thugs... But anyways... lol

yeah that was the idea hehe. If i ever have the privilidge of being in a song video then I think I am going to take it along to the shoot lol. Also very coherent post considering you were drunk ;)

Back