Let's see your Gretsch kits (saved the best for last!)

Here's one more for the Gretsch family. Here's my picture of a Brooklyn Bop kit - 8x12, 14x14, 14x18.

The snare is a 5x14 Gretsch 2002 USA Custom Vinnie Colaiuta Signature Millennial Maple my wife purchased for me as a Christmas gift when it first came out.

I received them yesterday from Steve Maxwell's shop. Didn't have a great deal of time to play them once I went through the unpacking, inspection, assembly and tuning process but the little time I did have with them was beautiful.

A special thanks to Anthony for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions for me on this line of Gretsch.

View attachment 59495

I just noticed , it looks like your kit has 302 double flange hoops instead of standard diecast. Did you order these this way ?

DMACC..................those are gorgeous.

Thank you. I'm a sucker for the natural maple finish.

I just noticed , it looks like your kit has 302 double flange hoops instead of standard diecast. Did you order these this way ?

Actually, Brooklyns come standard with the 302 hoops. The USA Customs are diecast as are my New Classics. Not sure about the Renowns, etc...

Thank you. I'm a sucker for the natural maple finish.

Actually, Brooklyns come standard with the 302 hoops. The USA Customs are diecast as are my New Classics. Not sure about the Renowns, etc...

I realized after I sent that post that it was a Brooklyn kit. My USA Custom Espresso Burst came with 302 hoops, I ended up swapping out the 302 hoops for Gretsch diecast hoops.

Here's one more for the Gretsch family. Here's my picture of a Brooklyn Bop kit - 8x12, 14x14, 14x18.

The snare is a 5x14 Gretsch 2002 USA Custom Vinnie Colaiuta Signature Millennial Maple my wife purchased for me as a Christmas gift when it first came out.

I received them yesterday from Steve Maxwell's shop. Didn't have a great deal of time to play them once I went through the unpacking, inspection, assembly and tuning process but the little time I did have with them was beautiful.

A special thanks to Anthony for taking time out of his busy schedule to answer some questions for me on this line of Gretsch.

View attachment 59495

Great looking kit, looks like you have a thing for blondes! I would like to add a Brooklyn kit to my Gretsch collection someday.
Jeff

wow Dave they came in quick

and Steve took care of you I see.....those are beautiful!!!!!!!

great finish choice and congrats my brother

truly a supreme instrument ....enjoy them to the fullest ....

...and you are welcome....it was absolutely my pleasure

any time I get to talk about Gretsch drums it's a good day for me

can't wait to hear you on them

Thanks Anthony, much appreciated. Yes, Jess emailed me and told me he actually had 1 left in the house he could send me with that finish so I snagged them.

Hey there!
First of all I would like to mention there are so many awesome kit's in this thread. Thanks for posting pics everyone, it's a pleasure.

This is my Gretsch kit. It was love at first 'sight'. It's small, but I love the sound, feel and look of these drums.

Gibraltar hardware and Zildjian A-custom cymbals.

*Plz don't pay attention to my snare-alternative ;). Sold my snare and I still haven't decided what snare I'm going to buy :3. So hard to choose!

Attachments

• upload1.jpg
    upload1.jpg
    653.8 KB · Views: 1,689
  • upload2.jpg
    upload2.jpg
    715.2 KB · Views: 1,726
  • upload3.jpg
    upload3.jpg
    749.5 KB · Views: 1,718
  • upload4.jpg
    upload4.jpg
    712 KB · Views: 1,692
Last edited:
Hey there!
First of all I would like to mention there are so many awesome kit's in this thread. Thanks for posting pics everyone, it's a pleasure.

This is my Gretsch kit. It was love at first 'sight'. It's small, but I love the sound, feel and look of these drums.

Gibraltar hardware and Zildjian A-custom cymbals.

*Plz don't pay attention to my snare-alternative ;). Sold my snare and I still haven't decided what snare I'm going to buy :3. So hard to choose!

Beautiful! Welcome to the forum. Have you ever considered a New Classic snare? I understand they are going fast. They really are very nice if you like the Gretsch sound.

Beautiful! Welcome to the forum. Have you ever considered a New Classic snare? I understand they are going fast. They really are very nice if you like the Gretsch sound.

Thanks!
I'm probably going to buy the matching new classic snare after all. Was saving money to buy the Brian frazier moore signature snare... It's so awesome, but soooo expensive...

Tried a lot of snares lately, but it's so hard to choose. The gretsch snare is great in my opinion, especially when looking at the price.

And I'm in love with the gretsch sound. Played pearl before this one, but wow I was truly amazed by the sound these drums produced. Such a small bass, but with such a deep, low sound!

No comparison to some of the fine high end kits here, but when I decided to get back into playing about 8 yrs ago I picked up an affordable Black Hawk kit on Ebay and within a year was in my first band. Cymbals, stands and throne were swapped for high end stuff but these drums have endured 5 yrs of gigs and practice with hundreds of shows and I am a hard hitter. Never had anything fail and like another member said....it matters what kind of heads you use. Decent heads and of course drum mics make a low end kit sound like a set of DW's!

Attachments

• RISER-4.jpg
    RISER-4.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 1,582
  • RISER-1.jpg
    RISER-1.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,575
IMAG0305_zpsd0fbbfe8.jpg

I might be the only one with a double bass kit...
Catalina Maple:
14x6 Snare
8x7, 10x8, and 12x10 rack
14x14 and 16x16 floor
18" and 19" A Custom Projection Crashes
18" and 20" Oriental China Trash
6", 8", and 10" A Custom Splashes
Old 20" ZBT ride
21" Z3 Megabell Ride
14" Pitchblack HiHats
Axis Longboards with Iron Cobra beaters
and not in this picture, I have a 10x6 PDP blackout snare

I apologize for the mess, as this is what has become of my room while I was away at school this semester. I've got some cleaning up to do...

Finally got my dream kit :)

Could be the last kit I ever buy :)

USA Custom in Vintage Oyster White

14x20, 8x12, 14x14

Just need the snare to go with it. Will be arriving just in time for Christmas!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 1,490
Re: Finally got my dream kit :)

Could be the last kit I ever buy :)

USA Custom in Vintage Oyster White

14x20, 8x12, 14x14

Just need the snare to go with it. Will be arriving just in time for Christmas!

Very nice kit, love the wrap. It remonds me of the 1971 Gretsch WMP kit I owned years ago.

heres all the gang together;
main kit - 22, 12, 13, 16,
additions - 18 bass (converted without drilling from a tom)
20 bass looks like a former renown. unfortunately extensively redrilled, aand a 14 tom converted to a floor with a rims.
bass drums to be restained to match the kit, i have a stripped 22 bass that in practising on.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 1,593
Hi all!

After seeing all these beautilicious Gretsch gems here I felt like adding to the treasure trove by way of my first post.
I just acquired this fine example of a USA Custom. Best sounding drums I ever played!

Anybody else here who has this specific model? It's the 130th Anniversary Satin Gold Flame set that came out in the fourth quarter of 2013. 35 were made and this happens to be #1.
It seems that Gretsch didn't use the right glue with the wrap so the ends are a bit loose.
But hey, nothings perfect. :)

The set came with a matching 14x5 snare drum, but I also just bought this nice 1965 Ludwig Supraphonic. The chrome snare fits well with the Satin Gold Flame, methinks.

GretschGSFathome_zps691aada8.jpg

So many lovely kits,

here is my new beauty, Gretsch Renown Maple RN1, only had it for a few months.

it replaces my dear departed Gretsch Catalina Maple, that along with most of my gear was lost in the bushfires we had on the Central Coast of Australia a few months ago.

I have barely played it, as along with our gear we lost our Rehearsal shed and our singers amazing house. so its been a tricky few months but thanks to insurance i now get to play this beast.

if you look close you might spot a smaller version of everyones fav drummer

Attachments

• DSCN1082 copy.jpg
    DSCN1082 copy.jpg
    592.3 KB · Views: 2,255
  • DSCN1079 copy.jpg
    DSCN1079 copy.jpg
    427.6 KB · Views: 2,292
  • DSCN1063 copy.jpg
    DSCN1063 copy.jpg
    522.7 KB · Views: 2,218
  • DSCN1050 copy.jpg