A shot at Vater sticks

DWfan20005

My zildjian sticks did not please me at all and regal tip and ahead just feel uncomfortable. I am thinking of trying vater brand sticks. Does anybody have any positive or negative commens about vater sticks?

Re: A SHOT AT VATER STICKS

I think they are decent sticks, i havent had enough experiance to say if they are really good or not. I do have to say that the 5A and 7A sticks are not my favorite.

I would personally suggest trying out Vic Firth and Pro Mark sticks.

I would personally suggest trying out Vic Firth and Pro Mark sticks.

Don't go that route. Vater does make the best quality sticks without a question. The stewart copeland sig. stick is a godsend and I won't be using anything else unless some other cool stick comes out or else I get an endorsement dammit!

my say is Vater fat back 3a's.

nylon or wood tip.

they're pretty beefy sticks and I am in marching band so that doesnt bother me at all. but for me they last so much longer than 5a, especially from vic virth.

I use Vater 5A, 5B, and 2B....depending on the "weight" of the song. I've found that the Vaters are consistent...by that, I mean tone based on density/weight is more consistent than everything else I've used lately.

EXCEPT Pro-mark Tommy Aldridge sigs....do they even make those anymore? I used to use those cause they were the Japan Oak with much-laquer applied...and 17" long. Taste has changed and I've learned to be selective about which kind of stick works better for different songs.

Andy

I have been hooked on the Vater Fusions for some time now. I've never broken one although the ball tip does seem the chip but that's something I've run into with any manufacturer.

I tried Regal tip in high school and the ones that were comfortable for me to play had the durability of toothpicks. Vic Firth makes some classic percussion mallets but between them and Pro Mark I have never been able to find a drumstick that feels good and sounds good. At least one that's any better than my fusions.

I keep both the wood and nylon tips on hand and switch between them depending on the songs I'm playing. Have never had one of the nylon tips come off which is something I've run into with other brands.

My zildjian sticks did not please me at all and regal tip and ahead just feel uncomfortable. I am thinking of trying vater brand sticks. Does anybody have any positive or negative commens about vater sticks?

What type of sticks you like - diameter - length - tip (wood - nylon - round - acorn - bullet etc...) ?

I'm lokking for a stick that has a big tip along with medium diameter and length. Plus comfort does help. I just dont get comfort from Regal Tip.

I'm lokking for a stick that has a big tip along with medium diameter and length. Plus comfort does help. I just dont get comfort from Regal Tip.

In this case, look at the Vater Fusion or if the diameter sem too large then the Vater Studio-2 should do the job. Maybe even Vater Recording or Pro Rock series...

Don't go that route. Vater does make the best quality sticks without a question. The stewart copeland sig. stick is a godsend and I won't be using anything else unless some other cool stick comes out or else I get an endorsement dammit!

Don't take this the wrong way, but why not shoot for a Vater Endorsement? Why would you take any old endorsement deal from another company when you just said you like Vater? One thing I really feel stongly about is loving and believing in what you play. I could never endorse a company justbecause they offered a deal. I have had offeres from more "well known" drum companis than Peace, but I told them all no because I believe in Peace Drums. It's the same thing with all my companies, the only way I would leave them is if something went wrong with my relationship with them.

I have been hooked on the Vater Fusions for some time now. I've never broken one although the ball tip does seem the chip but that's something I've run into with any manufacturer.

Me too. Although lately I've been using the Vic Firth Boleros, those are soft-density maple and can't be used on hard hitting gigs, so my Fusions are the de facto stick choice. An all around great stick that lasts.

Is there any major downsides to vaters?

Don't take this the wrong way, but why not shoot for a Vater Endorsement? Why would you take any old endorsement deal from another company when you just said you like Vater? One thing I really feel stongly about is loving and believing in what you play. I could never endorse a company justbecause they offered a deal. I have had offeres from more "well known" drum companis than Peace, but I told them all no because I believe in Peace Drums. It's the same thing with all my companies, the only way I would leave them is if something went wrong with my relationship with them.

I see what you're saying and you're right. I love Vater sticks and that would be my first choice of endorsing, but say they never do offer me a deal and promark comes along, then it gets difficult. I either take the endorsment and settle for less (imo), or wait it out, keep using vater and their quality sticks and hope for a deal...sticks aren't that expensive.

Masonni, thanks man, you made me look at this a whole new way.

[Side note first] What's this obsession with getting endorsements??? :)

One would think it's the only reason some guys take up the drums.

Just havng fun. ;-) [End side note]

One wonders what vater sticks are like?

There is a simple and easy answer to this very sticky dilemer. :-o

Buy a pair and find out. ;-)

[Bottom note] I've turned down endorsements. I must be weird.[End note on my bottom.]

Sorry. Feeling a little cheaky. Just had a wacky conversation with a friend. It's done my head in. :)

[Side note first] What's this obsession with getting endorsements??? :)

One would think it's the only reason some guys take up the drums.

Just havng fun. ;-) [End side note]

One wonders what vater sticks are like?

There is a simple and easy answer to this very sticky dilemer. :-o

Buy a pair and find out. ;-)

[Bottom note] I've turned down endorsements. I must be weird.[End note on my bottom.]

Sorry. Feeling a little cheaky. Just had a wacky conversation with a friend. It's done my head in. :)

Maybe I do not wanna waste money,thats why I havn't just bought a pair,besides i wanna get some opinion on them.

Maybe I do not wanna waste money,thats why I havn't just bought a pair,besides i wanna get some opinion on them.

Well in that case I can say that they have offered me my best value for money. ;-)

They've lasted me longer than any other brand. I really like them. They sound as good as any stick I've used.

Well in that case I can say that they have offered me my best value for money. ;-)

They've lasted me longer than any other brand. I really like them. They sound as good as any stick I've used.

How long did they last?

Back