Music, how important is music?

Man that's amazing. What a great thing for the brain. I can't believe it. Brings men back from the brink.

"Music is a type of food."

I think you just made my day, Polly. What a pithy and brilliant observation. You moved me with that one, girl.

It should carry on down through the ages: "Music is a type of food."

It's beyond important. It's soul nutrition....

As my Dad (who was a drummer) lied dying in a nursing home, I would bring in an old cassette player with some of his favorite music (predominately Louis Armstrong), placed it near his head as he could barely open his eyes and played him hours worth of music over the course of several months.

He would, in his own way, get a smile each and every time I turned the player on.

Henry, on music.......

It gives me the feeling of love, romance

I figure right now the world needs to come into music, singing

You've got beautiful music here

Beautiful, lovely

I feel band of love, of dreams

The Lord came to me and made me holy

I'm a holy man

So he gave me these sounds.

This warmed my heart. Thank you so much for sharing. I've always said the sense I would hate to lose the most is hearing becuase then I couldn't have music and that would be the worst thing in the world to me.

Music, food and making love. Add some sleep and you've got a very fulfilling life.

The quality of each of those things is offcourse essential.

Yep, that's about all we need, huh?

Music is essential to the quality of my life. The sh*t can hit the fan and all the lights can go out, but I will still have my music.

It gives me motivation when I need it, sometimes inspiration. It helps heal the wounds brought on by life and lifts the spirit. And it also provides a vibrant social outlet.- just to name a few things.

I fully agree...are essential to support life.

Music fuels Soul and the Soul is kept happy!

> Resohead: thanks a lot for sharing brother!

Music, food and making love. Add some sleep and you've got a very fulfilling life.

The quality of each of those things is offcourse essential.

Music is medical.

Its effect on emotions is exceedingly strong.

Those emotions directly effect our health and overall well being to a greater extent than many chemical interventions and with far fewer side effects.

No analogy here...no abstraction.

Man....that's seriously touching stuff. Sat at work with a good old tear in my eye watching it.

Music's so emotive....A few weeks ago I'd had a really, really shitty day at work so I decided I'd try to cheer myself up on the way home. I'd purchased some CD's the day before. Totally random ones. There's a great shop near work where you can get like 10 CDs for £20....it's like a dream world in there....

I'm a big Morrissey fan...so I whacked my Morrissey play list on random.

The first song that came on was Come Back to Camden....

Picture the image of a 24 stone, six foot four guy (a big unit), stood at a tram stop in the Manchester rush hour rain with tears of joy quite literally streaming down my face.

It does me every fking time....I try to not let it but man.....

When I'm 90, and "the band I'm in have started playing different tunes", the lunatics are on the grass, and all that....I imagine I'll respond like Henry if someone slips some headphones on and plays Come Back to Camden to me....

Come Back to Camden - Morrissey (nice drumming on here to)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfKGzii3b2c

Music is one of the oldest forms of entertainment, but it is also so much more than that. Since the dawn of man, there has been some kind of music, and most of the time it has been a direct extension of humans, just like talking, or walking. Everyone likes some kind of music, or at least some songs. And just like humans themselves, music tastes are truly unique to each and every human being, because no two people like every single song the other likes. You could literally create and identification on a person just by knowing which songs they like if you had time to create the data base.

Music is a part of everyone. We prove it, every time we tap our toes to a song. Rather you're a musicians or not, I believe we are genetically programmed to love music

Music is one of the oldest forms of entertainment, but it is also so much more than that. Since the dawn of man, there has been some kind of music, and most of the time it has been a direct extension of humans, just like talking, or walking. Everyone likes some kind of music, or at least some songs. And just like humans themselves, music tastes are truly unique to each and every human being, because no two people like every single song the other likes. You could literally create and identification on a person just by knowing which songs they like if you had time to create the data base.

Music is a part of everyone. We prove it, every time we tap our toes to a song. Rather you're a musicians or not, I believe we are genetically programmed to love music

Very astute thinking that

There is nothing as hypnotizing and enjoyable as live music. No matter what level of talent or genre of music. Even some guy playing a harmonica or bongos on the street corner for change. That's why I support live music and don't illegally download music. 98% of musicians are broke as it is, why steal from them too?

There is nothing as hypnotizing and enjoyable as live music. No matter what level of talent or genre of music. Even some guy playing a harmonica or bongos on the street corner for change. That's why I support live music and don't illegally download music. 98% of musicians are broke as it is, why steal from them too?

Great post. Just last week I put a few bucks in the jar of a musician playing in Penn Station in NYC. He made my lunchtime so much more enjoyable.

Ray Charles about said it all here:

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.

Back