A couple of random question

RollingStone000

Silver Member
I'm just wondering does, Remo make anything similar to the Evans Genera HD Dry head? I played a snare with that head yesterday and it sounded really tight and crisp with very little ring.
I'm currently playing all Remo heads and I'm planning on trying Evans heads on everything in due time (the current heads still have life in them).

Also while playing that snare (I believe it was an aluminum shell) I noticed it was tuned fairly high. Now I've got a cheap snare so could tuning a snare towards the high side damage the drum? Or should I keep it with in a certain tension?

Thanks in advance.

Re: A couple of random questions

I'm just wondering does, Remo make anything similar to the Evans Genera HD Dry head? I played a snare with that head yesterday and it sounded really tight and crisp with very little ring.
I'm currently playing all Remo heads and I'm planning on trying Evans heads on everything in due time (the current heads still have life in them).

Also while playing that snare (I believe it was an aluminum shell) I noticed it was tuned fairly high. Now I've got a cheap snare so could tuning a snare towards the high side damage the drum? Or should I keep it with in a certain tension?

Thanks in advance.

The snare drum we have at school(not sure which model but I'll check), when tuned right
has an EXTREMELY crisp sound. I know its a remo but I also have a used snare by tama which is very crisp also. Where did you use that snare at because in different areas they have more room for amplification so it kinda depends on the place you play it

Thanks in advance.

hmm...i would say check out Remo's Emperor or Emperor X for the same kind of build

i dont know much about tuning though

HD Dry is a seven mil/five mil with a ring head. If I'm not mistaken, the Emp X is two ten mil with a dot. It is nothing like the HD Dry.

The only REMO head I know of with two plies and a ring is the Powerstroke 4. These sound similar to the HD Drys in my opinion (but I don't really care for either, so take it as you will).

The PS4 is not vented like the HD Dry (making it more dry), but you can take a REALLY small drill bit and do this yourself if you like.

HD Dry is a seven mil/five mil with a ring head. If I'm not mistaken, the Emp X is two ten mil with a dot. It is nothing like the HD Dry.

The only REMO head I know of with two plies and a ring is the Powerstroke 4. These sound similar to the HD Drys in my opinion (but I don't really care for either, so take it as you will).

The PS4 is not vented like the HD Dry (making it more dry), but you can take a REALLY small drill bit and do this yourself if you like.

the emp-x is 10 mil/ 5 mil and the emperor is 7 mil / 7 mil

i dont know, i just thought he should check them out

Why not get the head if you like it? Brand loyalty is soo overrated. And the drum isn't going to get damaged unless you seriously crank it.

Razor - There's no brand loyalty on my part, I just started drumming a couple of months ago. I went with all Remos (Emps over Ambs) just as a starting point. I figured if it was good enough for Bonham... But my next set of heads I want go with all Evans to see how those feel and sound.

Beast - I'm pretty much playing in a room at home that used be a patio, but was converted by the previous owner. Stucco all over the damn place, but I open up the windows to help let the sound out (and to piss of the neighbors). I don't know, I probably need to adjust the tuning a little. I've read when you get a drum and the heads to the correct tone, the drum really starts to sing.

Back