Spooky practice places

drumr0

Silver Member
I thought this would be an appropriate time of the year to post this. Back in the '90s I played in a Rush/Journey tribute band. We rented a room to practice in from my bass players uncle. It was an upstairs room over a fairly large flower shop and a few other stores.

Upstairs was divided up into several small rooms that a few other bands rented out to practice in and was used for storage. Of course there was a story that someone was killed up there and the place was haunted. We couldn't practice till after 6 pm when the flower shop closed so we would only practice in the evenings. That building made all kinds of weird noises.

At the time I was working 2nd shift (3pm-11pm) and I was a bachelor so after work I would go over there and practice a couple of nights a week by myself. The bathroom in this place was in a storage room halfway down the hall that the flower shop put all of their funeral wreath frames in. These were set up all over this room. So that always set the mood when you walked into this room. To get in the bathroom you had to walk almost the length of the room and make a 180 degree turn to go into the bathroom. I always expected to see a dead body or something in there. Luckily I never did.

Not being very well educated on hearing protection I often played without any and you know when you play a while and you stop that your ears are ringing and you hear all sorts of sounds. Well I often did up there. It really was a spooky place.

Any spooky or haunted practice space stories out there?

An old building that had alot of old mannequins(sp?) in different rooms. Walking by those dark rooms and seeing those freaking things scared the hell out of me.

Also, for some reason old churches at night freak me out......I think I've seen too many horror movies.

That was pretty funny Drum and Jon E. I'm tempted to tell you guys to go easy on the intoxicants :) After Mum died, I could not go into the house at night if I'd imbibed because my imagination would play tricks on me.

The scariest thing that ever happened to me at a band practice was many years ago when our bass player had a flatulant moment and cleared out the studio - for ten minutes. It was truly unbearable lol

Well not practice but my first band the first year of college traveled in an old Cadillac Hearse.

I played n a church which was in a 18000 foot warehouse in an industrial district.
They gave me a key to practice at my leisure,often at night. It was pitch black in there and I had to walk about 70 feet in the dark. i remember practicing several times when I felt a temperature change,weird presence or just some movement out of the corner of my eye. I have run on the street for 33 years often in complete darkness, all over the planet both late at night and very early in the morning. I have had a number of "watch out" moments,but that warehouse was the weirdest.

Back