Pedal Questions

The newer direct drive pedals are not using steel on aluminum

You haven't played the 'newer' direct drive pedals have you? We understand, its not like every shop has them, but couple models do have steel pins against aluminum, just like the days of yore.

Look, in all fairness, it sounds to me like a MacBook Pro might have fallen on your head. When you depress a bass drum pedals foot board (and it doesn't matter where, or with what- heel, toes, arch, side of you foot), the foot board will always move downward☟

You cannot step on a pedal foot board (anywhere) and cause it to make an upward motion. Unlike an apple, a pedal foot board (a third class lever) is always connected to something when its in motion (being played). In order to set the foot board in an upward motion with your feet, you'd need to get your foot underneath it, which we all know isn't how a bass drum pedal is played.

..if your foot is large enough, you will be able to rock the foot board outside of this rhythm pattern of the beater and the spring.

I'll interpret this as your 'explosive move' explanation, though it does sound like a case of 'watching a little too much Sponge Bob Square Pants'. Actually what you described could happen... underwater.

Size needed for 'rocking' a foot board? Smaller 'is' better. Remember the standard foot board is 10" and currently, long boards are 12"

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    365.3 KB · Views: 315
Look, in all fairness, it sounds to me like a MacBook Pro might have fallen on your head ... it does sound like a case of 'watching a little too much Sponge Bob Square Pants'. Actually what you described could happen... underwater.
My friend, if you think that you can participate in a conversation without being insulting, then I invite you to do so. Otherwise please take your personal remarks elsewhere.

Man, this is getting tough to stand....I don't think Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa ever argued whether Direct Drive is better than Chain Drive.

Kiss and make up or something. I see double peddlers using chain, direct, strap, etc. drive pedals and they all seem to do just fine while playing. In other words...IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL!!!

TRY THE PEDAL OUT FOR YOURSELF AND DECIDE YOURSELF! I DON'T SEE EVERYONE USING THE SAME BRAND/LINE OF DRUMS OR THE SAME HEADS OR THE SAME CYMBALS OR EVEN THE SAME TECHNIQUE FOR THAT MATTER SO WHAT DOES IT MATTER IF SOMEONE PREFERS DIRECT DRIVE OVER CHAIN OR VICE VERSA???

Attachments

• gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg
    gallery_Napoleon_Dynamite_1.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 286
Last edited:
My friend, if you think that you can participate in a conversation without being insulting, then I invite you to do so. Otherwise please take your personal remarks elsewhere.

Got it!

There's no excuse, I agreed to the rules of this forum, and I made a mistake. 'evolving_machine' did not need to be used as the fulcrum of my little jokes.

I apologize to anyone who may have been offended by my actions.

Back