trading 12's on Au Privave

Nice soloing man. I respect that you know where the heck you are. I have a hard time keeping the exact form length in my head when I solo. Heck, I lost the count without even playing, just watching you. I gotta take my hat off to your ability to phrase in a way that, to my ear, hides the one. So I'm scrambling to hear where the one is. Jazz confounds me, it's like a puzzle that I can't solve. But nice playing.

Wonderful William! A joy to watch and listen to. You always project fun when I watch you play. Enough so that I'm smiling with you while I watched this - truly....

Some of those triplet ideas bring up some serious latin influences / ideas and not just when you dropped the sticks and played with the hands.

Nice soloing man. I respect that you know where the heck you are. I have a hard time keeping the exact form length in my head when I solo. Heck, I lost the count without even playing, just watching you. I gotta take my hat off to your ability to phrase in a way that, to my ear, hides the one. So I'm scrambling to hear where the one is. Jazz confounds me, it's like a puzzle that I can't solve. But nice playing.

Thanks Larrry but don't give me too much credit, most of the time I also don't know where the 1 is jajaja

Wonderful William! A joy to watch and listen to. You always project fun when I watch you play. Enough so that I'm smiling with you while I watched this - truly....

Some of those triplet ideas bring up some serious latin influences / ideas and not just when you dropped the sticks and played with the hands.

I'm glad you liked it dmacc. It's hard to escape the latin influences when you live in a tropical island surrounded by latin music. I took a lesson the other day and the teacher pointed out my tendency to flatten the ride pattern a little bit (a la philly joe or billy higgins) and I think the latin musical culture definitely has a hand on that. Regardless, time to practice more!

A great example of the drummer holding the group together. Very nice playing, inventive and confident.
Casper

Very nice, although the stupid youtube stabilizer thingy makes my head spin. You seem to be playing with a very young band. Are they local talents or something?

Back