Trick Dominator vs. Axis A21 Laser

Protowolf

I'm looking to buy new pedals this week and have been thinking for a while, but I'm having trouble deciding which pedals to get! The Trick Dominator double pedals or the Axis A21 Laser double pedals. I play anything from slow, beat you up deathcore to black metal double bass, so I'm looking for something that can handle both. Help! other brand suggestions are welcome. I'm currently using Tama hp200tw iron cobra jrs, haha.

Only way to really know which is best for you is to put your feet on them and take both of them for a test drive ;-) Either company makes a great pedal it's a matter of how they feel and work for your style of playing.

If you use the search function you can find weeks worth of reading on both pedals and you'll find equally as many positive as negative feedback on them. What works for one person doesn't work for another.

Which a21 are u looking at? The regular or the derek roddy sig? The tricks are great i have them and they dont let me down. The tricks beater and footboard angles can be adjusted seperatly which is really nice. The axis have the variavle drive lever which is aldso nice. Both great pedals. Id say try them both. If u cant try them then i would go for tricks. Everything is simpler. Just my two cents hope it helped

Can't comment on the trick pedal, as I haven't tried it, although it looks like a very well built pedal...I can comment on the axis pedals..I've got a Derek Roddy sig. dbl. pedal (long boards with the 21 deg. beater angle) and also an AL-2 CB long board dbl. pedal w/ sonic hammer beaters...of those two I prefer the roddy version just a little bit more... I do feel like the regular beaters and the 21 deg. beater angle make a difference in the feel of the pedal....
Axis is now offering the A21 with a more traditional longboard with micro-tune spring tensioner as well...

http://www.axispercussion.com/A21_Longboards_Double_MST.html

Can't comment on the Axis pedal, but I hear their U joint axles are top quality.

I can vouch for the Trick Dominator pedals, as I've had them for a year now. I think both of these pedals are direct drive, long boards. Either one IMO, should do just about anything pretty fast and solid.

I switched out the beaters on mine to the DW 2 way beaters and shaft weights.

One main difference I'm aware of is that the Axis is about $150 more than the Trick.

One main difference I'm aware of is that the Axis is about $150 more than the Trick.

Actually, I believe you can get the A series pedals for the same or a little less than the Dominators..the X series is even less…the A21's are in between the Dominators and the BigFoots...

Last edited:
Back