Pics of my Girlfriend... We play every Night!!

#MINDS-EYE#

hey!

just got my first kit!!!! soo happy, cost just over 2K but im pleased. chek it out!

PDP BX 2009 by DW

> 5pc fusion with 10" 12" 16" and 20" toms and floors w/ a 16' snare
> 100% Birch 4ply shells W/ Cherry fade Black stain finish
> Remo Weatherking Ambassador Pro Batters' and PDPs by Remo resos'
> All have Over-tone rings
> Floor tom mounted on cymbal stand
> Wood-hoop Bass drum and Remos'
> Gibralter Throne
> PDP/DW Straight to Boom in one Cymbal stands

Cymbals

> Zildjian ZXT PRO with 2 14" High Hats, 10" Fast Splash, 16" Crash, 20" Ride.
(Crash cymbal is a little bit too light so thus a bit tinnie' but one you get hitting it, it sounds good!)

Soon to come>> DW 5000 double pedal, UFIP Tiger crash ( i know, you may think its crap but i like the sound!) and hopefully some more effects cymbals like Chinas and splashes.

have been anoying the neighbours now for a week or so with out practice and am still going strong. the kit is great, it produces some good quality sound with the coated heads and o rings, i can get a good solid thud when i tune em right and being a fusion kit, it has sufficed all my metal need so far! go PDP DW!!

Tell us what you think aye??

Attachments

• kit from floor.jpg
    kit from floor.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,643
  • left.jpg
    left.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 1,543
  • kit from sky.jpg
    kit from sky.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,534
  • toms.jpg
    toms.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,895
nice set dude. The BXs are good starter sets, though I'm not too fond of the ZXTs. They'll get you by for now, but I'm pretty sure soon you'll be wanting to upgrade.

By the way, welcome to the forums. There's heaps of helpful information and people on here to steer you in the right direction.

BTW - I should make a mention that that 2,000 is in AUSTRALIAN dollars, and is actually a pretty good deal. Where did you buy the kit from?

Sweet kit mate :) I hope you enjoy it! :D

Hey solaris, thanks, yea that $2000aus. I got it from a local store in my area, wollongong just out of sydney nsw au, its called haworth guitars and i would recomend them to anybody in the area!! Thoes guys there are great!
Yea as for the ZXTs, im a little bit disapointed but the HHs are good and the bell on the ride has some good sound production but it seems to ring out a bit too much...

Thanks for looking!

Awesome girlfriend mate, i'm jeallous XD. Seriously though looks like a pretty decent starter kit. If i'm being honest i think your tom angles are slightly craigslistish but overall it's pretty good for a first attempt. the DW 5000 pedals are awesome, some complain about the footplates snapping but as long as you don't slam your foot down on the pedals they should be okay. Also i hear from my friend that the UFIP cymbals are actually pretty good, better than the ZXTs which i personally don't like but they're okay for starter cymbals.

Back