Jean-Paul Gaster

Agreed. He should have a page here. I don't have any of Clutch's CDs but what I've heard on the radio is excellent. A great example of a modern rock drummer that pays heavy attention to the groove.

Agreed. He should have a page here. I don't have any of Clutch's CDs but what I've heard on the radio is excellent. A great example of a modern rock drummer that pays heavy attention to the groove.

Agreed as well... BUT! You should just go out right now and get some Clutch. You will not be dissapointed! If I may, I would suggest the albums- "Clutch" and everything after that...LOL And see 'em live when you can. Worth every cent....

That was my first Clutch show...and...

It was quite possibly some of the baddest $@#% I've ever seen and heard. That's the best live rock show I've ever seen...hands down.

Jean-Paul is the main influence for my recent inspiration to start playing a drumkit again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBx4sen_TUo

Jean-Paul's Gretsch kit at Mr. Small's in Pittsburgh on 03/20/2008
20672_751588234249_25807591_42746428_354790_n.jpg

Last edited:
I just saw this monster of a drummer Saturday night. It's absolutely amazing how he can play so consistently well. All of his drum solos are original and always mind blowing. He's my all-time favorite drummer for sure.

Clutch KICKS ASS!!!!!! He plays so twisty and powerfully! AMAZING drummer!

Absolutely love this guy. Swing, feel, groove and power all mixed into one powerhouse of a drummer. He actually lives in the county above mine, out in the sticks. Which makes me love him all the more. He's kinda like Grizzley Adams, if he was drummer.

I recently stumbled across clutch by listening to satellite radio, how have i never heard of this band? What rock have I been under? JP has some great chops! I've just bought 2 of their albums and love them both. JP has that sound that seems to be missing from a lot of rock drummers these days, big powerful sound and he grooves, shuffles, you can feel the blues bleeding through the groove. I love it!

Haha, well enjoy my friend! I can't get enough of the guy myself. His groove and feel is pure unadulterated bliss.

The guy is a major talent and still humble. Here is a photo of him with his Gretsch and Meinl outfit:

Attachments

• 012511-jp-gastar.jpg
    012511-jp-gastar.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 3,843
For any JP Gaster fans out there, check out the King Hobo CD. JP is in top form with some non-Clutch players.

I like JP's playing on the "El Rojo" CD with his clutch-mates under the name, The Bakerton Group.

Attachments

• King Hobo.jpg
    King Hobo.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,336
  • Bakerton Group.jpg
    Bakerton Group.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,329
Anyone like the guy. Just saw him tearing it up at Alley Katz in Richmond, Va. I've seen Clutch about 20 times but this show was by far the best! I was right above him and stayed there both sets. If you've heard him play you know what I mean. I wish he had something up here!

Yes, I like his playing. Great feel, groove and sound. Listen to it a lot lately.

Back