Official One-Up, Two-Down thread

Great looking kits everybody Love that Buddy Rich Kit. Here's mine

Very nice looking kit man! Are those the new reissued stainless steel or the original vintage drums? Either way beautiful kit!!

Thanks for the compliments guys! They are 1983 6 ply maple with ChromeOWood wrap. The sizes are 16" x 26" Bass Drum, 14"x13" Rack Tom ,16" and 18" Floor Toms 14"x 8 Colliseum Snare. Cymbals are 15" Paiste Soundedge Hi Hats 24" Paiste Classic Ride, 20" Rude Crash/Ride and an 18" A zildjian Crash. I am the original owner However they were out of my posession for 10 years. I got them back in the spring of 08' they were filthy and I have been cleaning and restoring them ever since. I got a lot of inspiration and guidance from this board. Especially LVDC Some awesome looking stuff here. Love all the Bonham kits ! As for sound I changed all the heads to Emperor Batter and Ambassador resonants .And they sound pretty good. And yes they are quite loud.as you would expect. But not out of control.It makes me smile just to look at them and thats what it's all about isn't it?

Thanks for the compliments guys! They are 1983 6 ply maple with ChromeOWood wrap. The sizes are 16" x 26" Bass Drum, 14"x13" Rack Tom ,16" and 18" Floor Toms 14"x 8 Colliseum Snare. Cymbals are 15" Paiste Soundedge Hi Hats 24" Paiste Classic Ride, 20" Rude Crash/Ride and an 18" A zildjian Crash. I am the original owner However they were out of my posession for 10 years. I got them back in the spring of 08' they were filthy and I have been cleaning and restoring them ever since. I got a lot of inspiration and guidance from this board. Especially LVDC Some awesome looking stuff here. Love all the Bonham kits ! As for sound I changed all the heads to Emperor Batter and Ambassador resonants .And they sound pretty good. And yes they are quite loud.as you would expect. But not out of control.It makes me smile just to look at them and thats what it's all about isn't it?

Very classic looking kit, I'll bet they just thump. Couldn't help but notice the double-braced cymbal stand, are you considering finding another period piece to match? (Hat stand too?) To me, it would just take the kit from a 10 to an 11.

Jer thanks for the kind words. I actually have alot of late 70's Hercules stands however my original HighHat did not make it through the seperation. It had to be replaced This kit was out of my hands for 10 years stored in a friends damp cellar. The kit in it's original configuration was massive. It included two 26" kicks with 13" and 14" power toms 16" and 18" floor toms and about eight cymbals. Lack of space dictated I scale it down to a classic One Up Two Down set up. I nicknamed it my "Spirit Of Bonzo" kit. I installed the classic ludwig L arm cymbal holder and installed new coated white heads and 70's style logo for that vintage look. I got alot of Ideas from all the cool kits on this board and all the tech knowledge from guys like LudwigVonDrumCrazy.

Tama has always made really good drums. I had two sets of Tamas back in the eighties during my long haired rock n roll days. In fact my hi-hat stand is my Tama stand from years ago, I still use it because it is made so well and it is really comfortable to play I can't part from it. I really like the finish on your drums what is it called?

Red scarlet fade. It was either that or ocean blue fade.

You made the right choice, that is a sweet finish!!

Wow..great looking sets people! I have been playing the 1up, 2down configuration for a little while now and I hafta say that I agree with all the comments made about this type of set up.. Without further adieu..
tensionrod010.jpg

Gretsch016.jpg

Gretsch014.jpg

GretschcatsPhantom011.jpg

specs available..

New setup, got bored with the 7 piece, cymbals galore thing so I'm going with the essentials. So far its working well.

IMG_3002.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3009.jpg

IMG_3007.jpg

IMG_3010.jpg

here's mine hope you like

Attachments

• IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 2,904
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    825.1 KB · Views: 3,251
ArtyZ---That's a sweet Rogers kit!!
I'm sure the young lady will be thrilled the world is going to see her eating too haha!

The awesome kits keep coming in this thread!

Just Bought This Kit, Should Arrive Monday!

Premier Artist Maple Series

26" x 16"
12" x 9"
16" x 16"
18" x 16"

Should go along nice with my Iron Cobra pedals, Pearl Free Floating Aluminium Snare and my Z Customs!

Attachments

• Premier artist maple 26.JPG
    Premier artist maple 26.JPG
    21.9 KB · Views: 3,078
Just Bought This Kit, Should Arrive Monday!

Premier Artist Maple Series

26" x 16"
12" x 9"
16" x 16"
18" x 16"

Should go along nice with my Iron Cobra pedals, Pearl Free Floating Aluminium Snare and my Z Customs!

Woah, that bass drum's huge! You must be excited...remember to post pics!

Back