Music History - Need some resources!

GuiGeek

I've got time on my hands and I've always wanted to make a 'Music History' related repertoire of music, including all music styles and of course a LOT of bands/songs.
Something pretty complete and would fill my 160GB ipod.

I'm searching for good websites or books about history of music, so if anyone can direct me somewhere, I'll have a go!

At the moment, I found this pretty good website about Electronic Music's history:
http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

It's very well made imo, and pretty fun to read!

Thanks for reading this, and maybe for replying!

'Noise/Music: A History' by Paul Hegarty is a book that got me through most of my degree, a degree that involved a lot of musicology. A fantastic resource and highly recommended.

Thanks! I'm gonna get this then :)

For everyone who doesn't know a specific book or website about music history:

Just give a few band names that you think deserve a place on such a repertoire, anything that comes mind! That would already be awesome, I'll share the list when it'll get bigger!

Just to add. I mentioned that book because it is fairly niche. It's specifically about electronic music and noise music and derivations from that. It's quite a small field but one that is massively overlooked. Merzbow is a very important artist in my field of interest and I studied a lot of noise aesthetic at University.

Back