Roc n soc nitro or tama 1st chair round top?

It arrived today.

Well, from the reviews I read I had high expectations. It's pretty nice, definitely a step up from my dixon. My double bass playing was better today with the new throne but I don't know if it's the throne or just day to day variance in my playing. I don't really understand the physics of balancing on a throne but something feels a bit better. It does have a tiny bit of wiggle and rattle when you lean on one side of the seat, which I really didn't want but I'm trusting that this is the best quality and it's not going to loosen up over time and get all leany on me.

Hmm my lower back actually tingled a bit tonight but I'm gonna say that this is because the different cushion is making me sit differently (properly?) and I'm using different muscles.

No regrets.

Even though it is high quality, I'd still recommend checking all nuts and screws...............just ensure they are tight .................I've had to retighten some in the past, now I just use loctite.

Triple checked it... it's secure and all good, I'm just being fussy.

I came back here to say my double kick playing was better again today and I think the throne has made a difference. Like my legs aren't sinking into the pedals and they're ready to strike from above, I'm perched on the seat rather than drooping over it.

Roc n soc convert.

Several years ago, a part on the seat's mount snapped shortly after I bought it. At the following NAMM show, I told the company's owner, and he welcomed me to call and order the part. I asked if it would be 'covered' and he said no, I would have to pay.

I still have the seat, fitted with a mount of my choosing, which has worked without fail ever since. But I never bought another R&S item, and I never will.

Bermuda

This makes me nervous since I just recently purchased my R&S Nitro. It's good to know this kind of info though.

Could the roc n soc owners please check this out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM2HMdFqRe4

The seat mount clutch seems to rattle inside the housing/casing that attaches to the cushion. It's completely tightened up as I'm trying to demonstrate... and I have tried aligning it differently before tightening it around the shock.

Is it faulty? What should I do?

The seller has asked me to make a short video, hopefully we can sort it...

Back